Car transport company | FerrariChat

Car transport company

Discussion in '360/430' started by stan996turbo, Mar 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Does anyone know of a good company to transport a car from Florida to Pennsylvania? Thank you.

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The cheap way? Enclosed? Open?

If you're looking for basic open transportation, I use a broker out of Texas, Leap Transport, Bob's my guy.

For enclosed and more expensive.

Horseless Carriage Carriers is good
    Reliable is good
    Intercity Lines is good (Leno endorses?)

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #3 Bob in Texas, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just used these guys 6 months ago. car arrived perfect, many days before scheduled and they are out of Orlando. Tampa to Texas for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH likes this.
  4. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    I've used Pilot transport without issues. I've known several who have.
    Pilot Transport

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Call Rami. 5617069586. He moves all the cars for FoLI and FoFL. I use him 3 or 4 times a year and he's absolutely great.

6. hoobury

hoobury Rookie

Feb 5, 2009
    Virginia
    I use Applewood to get mine to the dealership for service. They've been very good.

They only do eastern half of the country (and Texas) so works for your footprint. I know they do a ton of the Florida to NY business.

7. powerhaus

powerhaus Rookie

Mar 10, 2016
    I've also used applewood dozens of times for the PA-FL route. They are always the cheapest and most reliable (which is a rare combination). When you call you will most likely get Bruce (the owner). He will take great care of you. They also do the east cost transport for Lambo NA.

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I recently used GT. Good experience, cost was less than others.

http://gt-ms.com/

m5shiv likes this.
  9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I started a similar thread (but ATL to LA) last year. I ended up using Intercity and was happy with them. Not sure about now, but they were a sponsor then and provided an Fchat discount.

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Stan, I use Applewood or Carcierge. Have a few cars delivered per week - great business and prices between both of them. Ask for Dave from Carcierge, he's actually here now picking a car up. I can PM his information.

11. hoobury

hoobury Rookie

Feb 5, 2009
    Virginia
    I've also had Rami deliver a car from FoLI and they did a nice job.

12. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Broker is someone who gives you a price and then tries to find a driver who will do it for the cheapest. You do not know what you are getting.
    I used Intercity which has dedicated transporters to move your cars. They have moved cars to/from Pebble Beach and other events.

13. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    ^ This!

Intercity always has great reviews and a site sponsor.

I have also used FedEx/Passport in the past with great results.

14. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I used Exotic Car Transport out of Orlando , Florida and they picked up in Austin , TX and delivered to El Paso , TX for $800ish

15. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    I used exotic car transport. Scratched from rim but they did reimburse for repair.

16. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    Stan,

Intercity Lines will be glad to give you an F-Chat rate on your move. Please let us know where in FL to where in PA also the make and model vehicle. We will send you over a quote on your move.

17. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions, I'll check in with some of them. I've used Horseless Carriage in the past but I wanted to see what other options were out there.

18. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have friends who transport all of my cars from NYC to Naples and back every year. They are not a transport company, but significantly less expensive and I've never had an issue. They can move up to 4 cars at a time. Again, not a transport company and not commercially insured; just a couple of honest guys with enclosed car haulers who know what they're doing, and I've trusted them with my Ferrari and Lambo for the past few years now. If that is of interest to anyone, feel free to message me and I'll get you in touch with them. I'm sure they would appreciate the referral.

19. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice! They cover it in plastic. Wish Passport did that when the transported mine. It was dirty on arrival.

FYI - Horseless Carriage gives FCA members 10% off.

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    If you really want to make sure that your arrives perfectly cared for without anything going wrong, the only person who is 100% is Jody Hocker of JETS: 806 220 3039. He's the go-to guy for a number LaFerrari and Veyron owners who won't trust their cars to the mainstream operators. He's shipped 3 or 4 cars for me as well as number of very delicate parts and I've never been anything but extremely satisfied.

21. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Nice they cover the car in plastic, that is a very important question to whoever you use. A friend a few years ago, had a beautiful '67 GT-500 transported, the car above it, had a battery leaking acid, and it really did a number on the hood and one fender of the Shelby, and to make matters worse, the Shelby had all original paint ( it was an 11,000 mile, 1 owner car. That turned into a real nightmare for the owner of the Shelby, getting it repaired, and getting any money out of the car hauling company, for the diminished value of the car, now, not being 100% original paint. That company is out of business now. Perhaps, some more F-Chatter's, can chime in if they had issues with a company, and how that company resolved the problem. Things can happen, how the problem is handled really separates the good, from the bad, in any business.

22. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    Are all these same companies still being used and reliable in this thread? I am looking for a transport company from Port Orange FL to Plano Texas.

23. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    get ahold of Jim from intercity (he posted above). I've used them many times, no issues. Good service. Last time I used them was perhaps 18 months ago.

24. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yes, Intercity
    Passport/FedEx another good one