360 CS or 16M ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 CS or 16M ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by LightGuy, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #26 Jason Crandall, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    I’ve already answered this question. There is nowhere that shows how many of a car have been totaled. Read the CS market thread from the beginning, see how many CS are for sale and draw your own conclusions.

The CS wasn’t considered collectible or special edition when Ferrari released it to market. Everyone took them to the track, wrecked them Etc. it wasn’t until Ferrari unexpectedly quit building them due to lack of interest that everyone wanted one. CS wasn't a limited edition car until it was.

Oengus likes this.
  2. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I love the 16M, but as far as production numbers I think there is a debate on that actual number of 16M’s produced. I could be wrong though.

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yes but it isn't like 499 or 10,000. It is more like 499 or 530 so any way you cut it, a rare car.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Top notch low mile red / stripe CS's go for 200-220K.
    16M's go for 235k (yours) to 280K. Anything over that sits.

So the gap can be as much as 80 or as little as 15 depending.

plastique999 and Oengus like this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kind of doubt it, one being a coupe and the other being a convertible. Kind of like the difference between a Daytona coupe and spider, except there the spider was even rarer at ~10% of production.

Oengus likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’m on my third different CS and have had two scuds (though coupes, not 16M’s). The performance advantage of the Scuds platform cannot be ignored but for me, It’s the looks of the Stradale that win me over. I learned that I need to listen to my heart over my mind. Mind says Scud, heart says CS.

Consider this though, all of the “road going racers”, ie....GT3RS, Scud, Speciale, Pista, Performante, LT series cars are all road cars that started out as such. The CS chassis were off of the Challenge race car assembly line. Lights and hvac were added, some with power windows, and some with radios. They were race cars made road legal. IMO the only car that comes any closer to race car for the road is the latest Ford GT.