458 - Weathertech CupFone | FerrariChat

458 Weathertech CupFone

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ShadowLAP, Mar 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I've found plenty of conversations regarding WeatherTech's floor mats but am interested to see if anyone has installed one of their CupFones in a 458. I have a 2015 458 Spider and the two cup holders are very small. I would like to avoid using a Vent mount. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

2. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    I have the similar one made by Belkin and use it in my M3 cup holders!

They work very well to securely hold your hold but it's not as convenient as having a magnetic version.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  3. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    ShadowLAP likes this.
  4. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    #4 ShadowLAP, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Thanks for starting this thread, didn't even know there are cup holder phone mount solutions. Needed one for the Countryman as Mini only has vertical air vent slats which don't hold traditional mounts securely. Ordered the Macally magnetic long necked mount. Have a Macally magnetic horizontal vent mount for the Huracan which has been great for over a year.

6. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    ShadowLAP likes this.
  7. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Do you get any shaking when extended as shown in the photos? I've had other mounts in my daily drivers that do shake and want to try to avoid that. thanks much.

8. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Lawrence, the design allows you to tighten the device against the walls of the cup holder so no shaking as long as it’s seated properly.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  9. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Confirming that the weathertech one won’t work in the 458. The dash is too close above the cup holder for the hardware and phone to fit.

docster and ShadowLAP like this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I am jealous of the success of Weathertech so I'm not going to support them! But seriously, its amazing how a floor mat company has done so well. Didn't like the 458 floor mats for $458 and the 599 floor mats for $599 though. The definition of Ferrari tax. Then again I paid $3500+ for a cup holder. :oops:

ShadowLAP likes this.
  11. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Clarification: the photographed holder is NOT Weathertech. See my link.

I'll try to get a picture with the phone in place when I get home. I got this thing from amazon for like $25. You shouldn't have to spend more than that. No shaking and no phone drops (Galaxy S10+ in it). There is a mechanism that allows you to fit it to just about any cupholder. The phone release button on this one is on the rear. Again my only issue is the obstruction of the climate controls but the arm is very movable so I can now reach the left knob and buttons reasonably well. I sort of miss having the phone placed up high close my sight line when driving (for Waze, comparing to the windshield-mounted holder in my truck) but I think its still the best way to go. You do have to look down away from the road momentarily. On the flip side, the phone is much closer to my arm now so it's a little better manipulating buttons.

No weathertech in my car yet; I went with exoticare on the mats.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  12. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    ShadowLAP likes this.
  13. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I appreciate all of the responses. My TopGo phone holder is just two spots away from being delivered by Amazon. So the recent photos are very timely. thanks again