Italy and Coronavirus | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2008
    Pueblo, CO
    Full Name:
    Jacob Potts
    #101 Jacob Potts, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Its a shame. was hoping to meet Albert-LP again this summer,but we cancelled the trip. For me its not about getting sick but being trapped there if something happens. Will delay till next year. I miss Italy. And so does My Family

Manda racing and Albert-LP like this.
  3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, I'm also one lunch (or dinner, nevermind) behind with Alberto and we were hoping to catch up with it this spring. I think it will have to wait...of course, it is easier to delay a trip from Paris to Modene and back than from the States.
    France is "about ten days" behind Italy with the virus expansion, even if, for the time being at least, it is still rather contained in some well defined big clusters.
    I expect the first confinement measures at about "march the 15th" or so.

Rgds

absostone and Albert-LP like this.
  4. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    anyone heard anything about technoclassica ? I supposed to be going in 2 weeks

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  6. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So now the whole country is on lockdown? Mi dispiace

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    he had no choice coz idiotic people got word of the original northern quarantine and thought it brilliant to escape it before it could be enforced.

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    No, that's not the reason, even if you are right when you say that is was an idiotic behaviour: ther reason is that the virus is spreading quickly and there weren't anymoree safe places in Italy. They were a lot concerned about Rome, that was considered an "high risk place":so they put all the country in "orange zone". No red zones, but all Italy now is an "orange" zone, where you can move just for necessity or work. They called it "the stay at home program". The complete Ferrari racing team leaved Italy Sunday with masks and gloves and now is in Australia: means you can travel if you have a reason to do that, and professionals do it in a safe way (a behaviour that common people usually don't follow at all).

Also the worldwide famous Ristorante Montana is now temporary closed, due to voluntary (not forced) public safety reason: we are not all stupid.

ciao

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #110 freshmeat, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    “So, central government announced that entire Lombardia will be under quarantine. People from the South who work in Milan rushed to the train station in the end of the evening to try to get a train:”

https://youmedia.fanpage.it/video/aa/XmREOOSwhOYrltCf

Everybody from many countries is being pretty silly right now. Meanwhile in murika...

Be safe Albert! Wash your hands, stay away from large crowds and don’t panic. We’re all in this together and I’m sure we will all get ahead of this, hopefully sooner than later.

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #111 Albert-LP, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Thank you. I'm doing what they asked since the beginning. Please trust me about what's happening here and why the decisions are taken, as I'm here and I see what's happening every moment of the day.

All Italy now is an orange zone and everyone everywhere in Italy has been invited to stay at home except for working and necessicities/urgencies.

All the ones that "escaped" by train or car from Milan last Saturday, before the city closing, are now registered by the destination places autorities and police and they are quarantined: this is a law act, you have to do that or you will be prosecuted. We are talking of 10k persons already identified and quarantined at their home. They were workers from South of Italy who worked in Milan area and wanted to go back home before the closing: all that crowd did not know that everyone could reach his home also the day after or a week after, as it's allowed to go back home, wherever you are.

I think the Italian authorities are doing a great work, the problem is that in such a situation panic always creates problems, like that stupid escape that could be done (as it was allowed) in a safer way during this week.

Panic is the real problem: people do stupid things if they panic.

Ciao

PS
    Maybe better going on with keeping you all informed (every now and then) about what's going on here, as staying on the other side of the world doesn't help to learn what's going on here.

375+ likes this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Thanks for the updates Alberto, stay healthy,plenty of Pasta veg n Vino

Albert-LP likes this.
  13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    On a lighter note, that reminds me of that old corny quote of our former President, Valery Giscard d'Estaing:

Heaven is where the police is british, the cooks are french, the mechanics are german, the lovers are italian, and the whole lot is organised by the swiss.
    Hell is where the police is german, the cooks are british, the mechanics are french, the lovers are swiss, and the whole lot is organised by the italians.

We'll see how the French will be coping with it in a week or so, we are closely following Italy, only about a week late...

Rgds

greg328, arizonaitalian, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Spot-On.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    this is what I'm missing: places like that, not too far from my home and that I cannot visit anymore. Fortunately I went there exactly one month ago: the new (first stint) panoramic cycle road between Limone and Riva, Garda Lake. Please see the video in the link.

Italy is wonderful.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW, lbird, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Bellissimo. And don’t forget the food!

Albert-LP likes this.
  17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I need to correct your words my friend. Its not that you cant visit '' anymore", Its just that you cant visit right now. But you will in the future

Albert-LP likes this.
  18. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am a fearful person, and I just hope this virus clears up soon... it's doing real damage everywhere... I know I have been sick to my stomach this past few weeks with fear for my health

Albert-LP likes this.
  19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well...depends on what we call "soon"?
    It probably started mid-december in China, but wasn't detected immediately and three months later, they are far from being out of it yet...admittedly, it seems that propagation is indeed slowing down there, but China is ready to use methods that many democratic countries will be reluctant to employ; and furthermore, the population of our countries would not obey.

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    If I were sick in some sort of way I would be afraid too. But im not sick and am not scared. If you are not really sick in some sort of way relax your mind and keep as clean as you can. Peace

Albert-LP likes this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Bella Garda, grazie Alberto.

Albert-LP likes this.
  22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I want to write just the positive things that happened today in Italy: we crossed the 1k figure for the recovered from the virus, 280 just today. But at present we still have 8500 infected, They are evaluating a two weeks stop of everything, factories included.

Police and Army are now checking train stations to avoid stupid behaviours: this is Bologna Centrale, Bologna main train station.

ciao

absostone likes this.
  23. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hang in there buddy. You are not alone.

absostone and Albert-LP like this.
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    now to move here you have to fill this form, keep it with you and ready to be shown to Police if they stop you for a check.

Four possibilities:

• work (proven/evidenced by something)
    • necessity
    • medical check/medical treatment
    • coming my home
    Then you have to write which of the four is and describe it. Trespassers will be prosecuted.

That's for all Italy, everywhere.

ciao

25. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    280 recoveries in 1 day is positive, I think you will see a ramp up of cleared people over the next 2 weeks with a decline in new cases , I hope.

Albert-LP likes this.