458 - Ferrari customer Service | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Ferrari customer Service

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Beemer, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I purchased the car new in April of 2017 and it was about 9 months old when the battery died.

SoCal to az likes this.
  2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

My battery died in my 18 month old 488 spider so I called my dealer and I basically got ... “ I’m sorry Mr. Grizzle the park is closed , the moose out front shoulda told you “.
    I replaced the battery on my own. No big deal , as the dealer is 60 miles away.
    Best , Kirk.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    wait- so you were under warranty then right? I’m confused- shouldn’t they have replaced the battery???

Shadowfax and PTG1 like this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I presume because PA had less than 2000 miles/year on the odometer thus bringing into play said Ferrari's new policy of at least 2000 miles/year to qualify for free battery replacement.

My California's battery crapped out after 2-2.5 years, I paid for it.

My 458's battery crapped out after 5 months, replaced for free. Both plugged into tender in the garage and driven daily to work.

5. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My opinion - they should replace battery for first 36 months when under warranty.. I am certain my dealer would do it if Ferrari would not. My Audi S3 battery died after 24 months and they did not hesitate to replace at no charge. Your relationship with dealer may make a difference in these situations

PTG1 likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #31 IloveGT, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Hmmm...my batteries for both 458 and FF still not dead yet. One is 7k and one is 10k miles. I look forward to replacing them with lithium. Do you think I have a shot with Ferrari customer service, if I call them more than 3 times?

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Just goes to show that there's a really shoddy quality control. Some work, some don't.

8. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ferrari uses their owned branded battery. If they installed an Interstate to begin with that might address the majority of the problems

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well, the Ferrari branded battery, is made by FLAMM and is definitely nothing special. Interstate is basically rebranded Exide batteries, and it would not make sense for Ferrari to import Interstate batteries just for this. A European battery that would work, would be the Varta Silver Dynamic. A shame Braille AGM batteries are nowhere to be found in Europe any more. Would of course be the best option by a long shot.

10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Agree. I am however very diligent with the battery tender. Wonder if that partially explains it.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No. I see cars with zero issues which are rarely on the tender. I also see cars that car on the tender all the time with issues.

IloveGT and Melvok like this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    No, I was religious about using the battery tender on my F-cars.

The Huracan OEM battery seems more robust, only use the tender if I'm not driving for 4 or more days.

13. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Because, why would the passenger seat leather separate from the stitching on a car with 9000 miles? I didn’t ask them to fix it for free, I asked them to consider replacing it at their cost.

14. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks for all the comments. What I learned is, it’s a Ferrari and ................. .

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

lol. I told ya ! All the best , Kirk.

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    And why would they do that. What was it a 7 year old car? 9000 miles? 3rd owner?? Be reasonable. Your request was not. Sorry to disagree.

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Didn't you actually just purchase these carbon fiber seats recently and changed out your old seats?

So you are asking Ferrari to replace these seats you purchased used and have a known problem to begin with!?

Wow! I am glad Ferrari is not that stupid to fall for it.

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Never put the tender on the Performante once. Flawless. Not so the Ferraris. Joke.

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #44 Shadowfax, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    My money is on it being more of a car problem than a battery problem from what I can tell. 488 saw 2 new batteries in 14 months - unbelievable. Am awaiting for Pista battery to let me down which I'm convinced it will given I've already been warned by dealer it's worse than 488....not that I needed warning really. So I carry a starter pack and key to undo floor panel wherever I go. So much for weight savings eh. Never come across any brand so bad with batteries. Ever. My neighbor had a California. Same thing. Spent more time in the workshop and so many flat batteries. Ridiculous. My brother has a Cali - loves it but its spent so much time in the workshop he must be a gluten for punishment even though I can tell he's at wits end. To think how Ferrari have gotten away with this for so long is truly mind boggling. Even their win workshop staff admit - clearly out of pure frustration and embarrassment - batteries are the bane of their problems. F8 will probably be the same I imagine. The SF90 I saw was permanently attached to a tender and half the car is batteries lol. Go figure. It's a problem. I put money on it.

But to answer the OP's topic "customer service" I can say my dealer helped me out even though they said Ferrari would never cover it under warranty which was nice (of the dealer) but I can tell they (the dealer - not Ferrari as they don't give a rats) are frustrated just as much as the customers, but it seems Ferrari not only can't get their **** together on this problem but also won't help out their own dealers either. Personally I think Ferrari's lack of support as a maker is about as arrogant as it get's given their obvious position in the matter. It's beyond absurd.

PA Wolfpacker likes this.
  20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    In general I agree that Ferrari customer service is as arrogant as it can afford. But in this case of @Beemer , the situation may be different. The op appears to have bought a set of carbon fiber seats used and the damage was there already. Then he hopes to have Ferrari replaced these used seats for free.