Tire Recommendations | FerrariChat

Tire Recommendations

Discussion in '360/430' started by aseweepay, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    Hey Guys,

Finally getting around to putting tires on the 19” Challenge style wheels I’m putting on my 2003 360.

The two size options are either Front 225/35/19 and Rear 285/35/19
    -or-
    Front 235/35/19 and Rear 295/30/19

I’m leaning towards the first combo (225 front and 285 rear).

I had my heart set on buying a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, but no one and I mean no one (that I’ve found) has the rears in either size in stock, and there is no date on when they will be available. Tire Rack says it will probably be a minimum of 30 days but could easily be another 2 months. I’ve talked with local Michelin dealers and they looked nation-wide and couldn’t find any rears available in those sizes and have no idea when they may be in stock. So, if anyone knows of any available, I would appreciate it, otherwise I could possibly try plan B and go with Michelin A/S 3+ since I do drive the car when the temp gets around 40 degrees when the roads are clean and they also seem to be excellent tires.

I also looked at Pirelli P-Zeros, but I ran into the same availability problem. Anyone want to suggest any other tire brands that they like or a source to buy some tires ? Thanks.......

2. DrPaul

DrPaul Karting

Dec 27, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Paul M. Strickler
    I ran into the exact same issue and finally threw in the towel and went with the A/S 3+. First drive this past Sunday and I was super impressed. Handled extremely well.

aseweepay likes this.
  3. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have the 4S on our 360 and the AS3 on our BMW. Both great tires IMO. I just did a quick check on our local Discount Tire store (El Cajon, CA) and they state your size rear avail in 3-5 days. Good luck!

aseweepay likes this.
  4. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I have a/s 3s and they have been great. I never lose traction on really hot drives. Hth

aseweepay likes this.
  5. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    Thanks for the responses. I talked with a Michelin rep today at their "factory" and she said there's nothing slated to be produced this month as far as their pilot sport 4S. She said if I call her at the end of the month she can tell me about next month. I think I'll save myself the hassle and wait and just order the A/S 3+ tomorrow and try those out.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app