lack sf90 interest? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    I just went to their website and it looks like a total scam to me. Not a Ferrari dealer and the only inventory listed was a “2020 Ferrari Coupe.” The sad part is they will probably find someone stupid enough to actually write them a check.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    If you Google the phone number on the mailing it takes you to their site.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle registrations.

4. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    So any available allocations to be had.

5. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Where? I’ve talked to many dealers across the U.S. and all have said their allocations are spoken for.

RyanFoH likes this.
  6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    MAG is definitely an authorized/official Ferrari dealer:

https://dublin.ferraridealers.com/en_us/

They are a multi-franchise dealer, many vehicle lines, they do not do a large volume of Ferrari sales but they are real. That promotion was an odd one, misleading, but they were trying to bring in new business.

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Not now, a large group of 812SF orders instantly moved to SF90 orders right after the reveal (more than one year ago!) and Ferrari is apparently having production issues, once the car goes into customer production (Ferrari indicates "after summer") and initial orders are produced/delivered, more allocations will open up, and best to not be in a hurry, give Ferrari time to get this right, it has to be very difficult to get everything working correctly and be perfectly synchronized between the electric motors and engine.

8. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Was wondering if there were allocations out there, not saying I knew of any. Sorry for the confusion.

My brother wanted one but my dealer is all out.

Someone will drop out or wind up selling their allocations.

G. Pepper likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I would not want to be one of the first to receive this car. Undoubtedly, prone to teething issues at first.

wrs, MANDALAY, jjmalez and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Agree totally. The second year run would be ideal.

jjmalez, dustman and Coincid like this.
  11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    They have done it with the laferrari well. They have done it with f1 well.

They got the goody front axle to work well on the ff.

Ferrari usually gets it pretty right. Also they have been testing this thing FOREVER

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    ^ Except for the PTU failures.

j09333 likes this.
  13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    ^ And the fact that this is a totally different hybrid setup then they've ever produced before.

14. Ferrari&Maserati

Sep 15, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andy
    They do come with a factory warranty, you know :D

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    While you state the obvious, when I finally receive the car I have waited a year or more for delivery , I want it to be trouble free so that I can drive it without it requiring to be repaired at the dealer.

wrs likes this.
  16. Ferrari&Maserati

Sep 15, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I know, I was just being facetious :)

17. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    If you want one you may want to try Boardwalk. I was offered one yesterday... I think the last day to put in for one is coming up...

Rrr1 likes this.
  18. FakeAwake

FakeAwake Rookie

Sep 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    #418 FakeAwake, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    I just think this car is targeted towards people working at google or amazon and still drive a Prius/Tesla because they are environmentally conscious despite being able to afford million dollar cars. That’s why it’s styled the way it is - to appeal to the customer that would never buy a Ferrari because it’s viewed as extravagant and wasteful. It makes sense to eschew traditional Ferrari characteristics to visually communicate a different drivetrain - especially when looking for new customers.

this car is not targeted to me or any traditional Petrol head Ferrari customer. I totally forgot about it despite being knee deep in Roma research. Of course I’m not in the market for a 600k car at the moment (only a 250k one sadly) so that could be part of it. Nevertheless I’d still rather put that 600k towards a LF or other classic model from another make.

if dealers are having trouble moving units I would expect it’s because they’re calling the Petrol head customers and getting turned down. They honestly would need an outside sales rep with software sales connections to sell it. I also don’t think any dealer would offer a 600k car over the phone to anyone - that reeks of desperate. You have to be in person or have a relationship. I know a dealer that wouldn’t even do a deal over the phone for an RS5.