Italy and Coronavirus | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    the problem is that if you even are so determinate like China that almost jailed 30 milions of people at home for two months, it takes two or three monts to slow down. And then you have a comeback from other Countries that were later attacked by the virus. As I wrote, it's not a matter of "if" but just about "when".

What we saw is that in Codogno, our first red zone with forced home stay, they in two weeks defeated the virus, now they have (almost) no more new infected

ciao

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    And hopefully the north doesn't get re infected. Or anywhere for that matter

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Italian Public Emergency Department (Protezione Civile) boss Angelo Borrelli just told us today (30 minutes ago) that 98% of the fatalities are 68+ years old persons, 67% of the fatalities already suffered at least of one other patology before becoming infected by the virus. Data are computated since the beginning of the crisis.

ciao

https://video.corriere.it/coronavirus-diretta-protezione-civile-tutti-aggiornamenti/a2f417d0-6471-11ea-90f7-c3419f46e6a5?vclk=video3CHP|coronavirus-diretta-protezione-civile-tutti-aggiornamenti&refresh_ce-cp

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I believe it has to do with the respiratory infection in older people with other ailments.

5. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    well supposedly 23% of Italy's current population is 65 years old or older, so clearly they are all at severe risk especially when you add in ailments that are more common in that age group. very tough indeed:(

absostone likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ok not sure if I had one too many or what. But why and from where did Italy get the virus? is it unknown? or did I miss that detail?

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It looks it was a woman from Shanghai (China) that held a meeting in Munchen, Germany, on January 25-26, then from meeting attendants it arrived here in Codogno, Italy. That was told by Italian Hospital Sacco director Massimo Galli, after intensive virus genetic studies they did. This is a two days ago news. But a Virus hasn't a passport, It doesn't matter where it came from.

Ciao

8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Now I understand. Now I’m feeling nervous of my son going to school. There have been some school closings here. Mostly precautionary though.

10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I watch many videos and live stream cams. It’s very sad to see how empty the streets are

11. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    if you have to stay in your home for weeks or months... how do you get food? supplies? very scary

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #162 Albert-LP, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    You can go out to buy food, medicine or other necessities. Factories that produce, sell and deliver food and necessity goods are allowed to go on working and travelling where they need: their workers the same. Police and Army are checking if who moves does it for authorized reasons: if not, they will prosecute the trespassers

ciao

PS
    This is a war and we all are doing what they asked us.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    buona sera Alberto. Tutto bene? Has there been any type of updates from the Governo today?

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Buon Giorgio a tutti

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hi Mike. Ferrari factory closed for two weeks. Nobody on the road. They are studying to close not essential factories for some weeks. 7 k persons prosecuted for no movement rules violation

ciao

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    7K ? ! Wow they want to make money too? Wow this is very bad. They closed schools here by me until April 6, people were at the stores buying everything yesterday just in case we get quarantined, though there are not many cases in comparison to other places or so we are being told. Im very depressed with all this,, and besides its so grey and cloudy here

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hi Mike, today here it's a fantastic sunny day, but we have to stay at home. We can go out for food, no more than two each car.

That's not a great way to spend your Sunday, but I just want to stay safe and sound so it's ok for me!

Trust me: the virus is in your Chicago, protect yourself, don't let anyone stay closer than 1.5 yard from you, wear gloves when you touch anything that could be touched by others and wash your hands as soon as you can after touching anything out of your home. And ask your family to do the same.

Ciao

PS
    7k persons were prosecuted, it's not the fine amount, it's not a fine, it's a crime and you have to face a judge

18. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I’m following this thread with great interest; I’m Italian-American; my dad came from Sicily and I still have much family there. We’ve been in communication via Facebook but I have not probed them for details. Is Sicily also on full lockdown like the north?

Ciao,
    Greg Giacona

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, all Italy

Ciao

greg328 likes this.
  20. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you Albert-be careful!
    Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albert-LP likes this.
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I have been washing my hands so much that all is leftover is the bones. We have been taking vitamins and zinc at hone and when I fill the cars with fuel I wear a rubber glove.

22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Me too!! I destroyed my hands with soap. Went at the gas station with latex gloves and eated a ton of oranges...

Ciao

absostone likes this.
  23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    We are also taking zinc. Yes orange juice.

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    His holiness Pope Francesco this afternoon leaved Vatican by foot and reached San Marcello al Corso church, where he prayed for the end of this epidemy. It's the church where there is the holy cross that stopped the other big epidemy there was in Rome in 1522.

God save us.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

INRange and greg328 like this.
  25. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i read that a month or two ago, the mayor of florence started a “hug a chinese person” campaign to fight against racism.