Maserati Khamsin | Page 321 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Carmine
    It was late September 2018 and there was some serious rust there plus it had spent decades sitting.

MK1044 likes this.
  2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Only my only trip to Gullwing I went there when Espada shopping and discovered the Espada Dog

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

My apologies for the thread pollution but this is a very good illustration of what this place is like.

Needless to say I passed on this bow wow. It's actually a rea model too. All the rear vertical dividers and louvers are fake and look just terrible but funny as hell in a very sad way.

Hopefully that very late Khamsin get's it's title/ownership sorted out in an ethical manner and the car gets restored. The bumpers are the least of the problems. Looks like it was driven hard though.

Nembo1777 and MK1044 like this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Unfortunate news.
    A Khamsin was crashed badly in France in January, the occupants were shaken but are ok. It was a front end crash. My contact is not telling me which one it is for confidentiality but I will find out eventually. The insurance expert came to inspect it and his report is expected soon. It is borderline between restoration and parting out...of course I hope it will be restored. I have already lined up one or two parts cars if it is to be restored.

More news as I get it. No questions now please this is all I know.

MK1044 likes this.
  4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Does anyone know which Bertone designed car uses the same door handles as the Khamsin?

5. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
  6. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  7. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
  8. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
  9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  10. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
  12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #8012 Nembo1777, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    The correct Khamsin door handle is the one on the left, see below one of my favorite Khamsins AM120-246. If in fact it is the same as 308GT4 then contacts US Ferrari parts places no need to buy in Italy, Rutlands is a good bet, they are in Georgia:

https://trutlands.com/

Edit: having looked at 308GT4's they have a shorter taller door handle. But there should be Alfa parts sources in the US or northern Europe. There is also a Khamsin being parted out in Europe and it has its doors intact except or rust but the handles are unaffected. It is being used to rebuild another car so will have to ask. Joe get me that one time list of needed parts by email and I will forward it.

010 likes this.
  13. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Hi Marc---

Were you able to dig up any further info on 1182?
    Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

TIA.

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I just asked Frank about it by email he will respond to me or post directly here.

boralogist likes this.
  15. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    MK1044, 33guana and Nembo1777 like this.
  16. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I remembered something else about 1182. About 2 years after I sold the car to my friend, who lived about 5 miles from my home, there was a electrical fire in the dash which required the dash to be removed and refinished. No permanent damage was done and the fire did not spread to the rest of the interior, although I think the white leather seats had to be dyed due to the smoke.

My friend traded the Khamsin to MIE for a Mexico plus some cash. Car still had its original paint in very good condition, other than the typical Khamsin dimples caused by the door stops not working as they should. My friend still has the big rear rubber bumper which I gave him. Perhaps Mike D needs a replacement :)

Ivan

red27 and boralogist like this.
  17. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Et tu Ivan ? !!! :(:)

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello all, Frank Mandarano kindly sent me some photos but could not add anything, he does not know where the car is nowadays, he mentioned it was a very nice K which he drove just a couple of times. Here are his photos credit Frank G Mandarano. He was proud of his number plate.

Oh and dear Michael last of the Mohicans of US bumper devotees as we face confinement and re-evaluate the meaning of life, beauty in behaviour, actions, objects is what really matters and therefore all ugly behaviour, actions and...objects should be suppressed, deleted and cancelled. Plus hey you are a tinkerer, you like to keep busy in your garage and your wife will soon tire of having you around the house and banish you to the garage anyway...so fate has decided the moment has come, this is your watershed moment, your epiphany, you have suddenly seen the light: you can now place your Euro bumper kit order;-) Amen.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

red27 likes this.
  19. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Marc, Ivan, Frank et. al.

Thank you all very much!
    You guys are great!
    Will keep you posted as my Khamsin search unfolds!

Warm regards,
    B.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  20. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Thanks for posting my photos Marc.
    This was unquestionably one of the Best Khamsins that ever slipped through my hands.
    In my opinion all it needed to be perfect was European headers and knock off wire wheels.
    For me the look of 42 mm knock off wire wheels is huge. We converted a Ghibli coupe To 42 MM knock off wire wheels chassis number 1220 I can’t believe that I actually remember that number but it was spectacular we painted it black with red leather and gray carpets I should’ve kept that car!!
    Wishing everyone a safe and healthy next few weeks.
    As for us Janet and I are sequestered here at our home in Palm Springs California enjoying the swimming pool sunshine and spa and still able to go on our morning walks and drive the Daytona Spyder every third day or so. I do Miss our Vignale Spider as the weather here is perfect for top down driving.
    Ciao,
    FGM

Nembo1777 and MK1044 like this.
  21. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Question for the group....

Below is a photo of the stickers found on my air filter box - Car is a 1975 K ending in 1120...

I believe the red sticker is readily available, but I have not seen the blue on anywhere...

Does anyone know where a blue replacement sticker may be obtained?

Thanks...

Mike

22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Wuhan, China or....

...Modena Italy and you have to pay with hugs:D

Seriously no idea but glad you are busy with your K.

23. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    In the grand scheme of things it's one of the last things you apply.
    Those are good enough to scan and have made up if you need to.

A few years back I was looking for the much later Maserati plastic film stickers that they put on the Ghibli II, QP IV and 3200GT cars.
    Eventually as guy from Norway or Sweden piped up. He ran a printing company and had them reproduced and just sent several of them to me for free!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  24. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Mike,

Check with Steve Claasen as I know he reproduced some unique stickers, don't know if this was one of them.

Ivan

25. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    I had the FIAMM stickers for my Islero air filter covers made by the same company that used to make my Track Tech stickers for Le Belle Macchine d’Italia. Only issue was I probably had to buy enough to use on every Islero ever built.