488 - Why are Pistas not selling ? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

488 Why are Pistas not selling ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Texas2step, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Coupes and spiders are abundantly available - plenty of people walking away from orders.

ChipG likes this.
  2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    #277 mkraft3003, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Can you elaborate and Name a dealer that has a new order available at msrp? I actually talked with 2 dealers this week and neither one had any canceled orders yet (not to say that won’t happen in the coming months but nothing as of yet). Also where are these spiders that are abundantly available? Looking at the online searches there only appears to be 1 available for 740k.

Boomhauer and Gh21631 like this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nope. Ask the guy who posted before me. He seems to know.

4. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Didn’t you just post
    So do you have any actual facts and were just relying on someone else’s post as fact? I am asking you since you posted that spiders were abundantly available. Please let me know where these are?

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I don't know anything in particular. In regards to Spiders, I have seen one with delivery miles and 3 others with a couple hundred up to 1200 miles. Asking prices from $650k-$750k. I can say from experience that my dealer has more cars available for sale than are advertised on the website. These are mostly newer/unregistered cars that someone didn't take delivery of. I'm not talking Pistas in particular, just that what we can find online is not the whole inventory. There may very well be a few Pistas and Spiders available here and there, I just don't see them online.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    As do all the dealers up and down the east coast. There are plenty of cars available. As i said i passed on both my allocations and dealers want people to believe the cars are hard to get. The pistas cant be shown online. Any newbie wld know that.

kane00 and ChipG like this.
  7. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    So not a single fact to support your statement? Thank you for skating around the issue with non-answers. Anyway, I personally feel that this entire market is going to take a huge hit in the coming months. My Pista isn’t going to be worth anywhere what I hoped for when it’s time to trade. I have a 765lt on order and seriously reconsidering it. I hope everyone stays safe and let’s all hope the market and economy recovers quickly. A lot of people are out of jobs and will start struggling to make ends meet.

boobernackle, Boomhauer and Gh21631 like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah pics w/o cars is kinda boring but we have a pact that we don't post up on social media our cars on any of our runs. Anyway here's one of mine not showing any of the others. As you can see I didn't take Pista as wasn't able to organise new rear tyres in time with all the Corona Malay going on. That said, 3rs was utterly amazing......incredible machine....have zero regrets taking it.

Anyway...back to topic. And no I'm not selling Pista to anyone for any money. Those selling probably have to....which is not my problem.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, uhn2000, Ash Patel and 4 others like this.
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I already posted a close friend literally just bought a spider for 100k under this week. Im not giving you his name, or where he got it from as Its not my place. But i know if i decide tmrw i want a pista spider, ill be able to get one.

10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Austin has a Pista Spider for 600....msrp was 540 I believe. Call them and haggle....

11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    You didn't drive fast enough because there were not enough bugs!!!

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Exactly. All the rhetoric in this thread is for nothing.

dmark1, Pis7a2020, Rrr1 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d not challenge ttforce on anything, one of the most respected and credible member out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boobernackle, Ash Patel and nmcclure like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah, we should all be so respected. Come on now.

IloveGT, Natkingcolebasket69 and Rrr1 like this.
  15. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    There are actually quite a few of them, the car being black (and beautiful by the way - congratulations!) sometimes helps to hide the true amount of bugs killed.

Last time I floored my white 458 in the summer, I got home with the car looking like an abstract painting. While cleaning it, I Even thought of donating the car to science, as I got bugs stuck in the front fender that I didn’t even knew existed!

Kind regards and keep enjoying in good health!

Nuno.

of2worlds, Shadowfax and JackCongo like this.
  16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Was offered spider at $50k over in January and could have gotten for $40k fwiw.

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep and where was the sp500 and gdp then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrs and ChipG like this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agree! I was surprised and it was clear that unless I loved the Pista it was already time to exit. later that week a few reseller associates were getting spiders offered at msrp.

19. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I just heard from a dealer in ATX that he can get one for 5k over...he was offered one for 5k over. A friggen Pista Spider. Note: he may have been telling a tale, one never knows.

Thecadster likes this.
  20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Ok so I heard, she heard, we heard. Facts - I decided to come out of my 488PS, gorgeous car but I prefer a bargain V12 right now. TRADE in UK for a special sub 250 miles car is around £20,000 over, maybe less now. A bland specced car for sure available at list, so assume they paid less than list, That is Ferrari network, assume 5% lower in independents.

Have put my 1000 mile 812SF in my garage till this blows over, can you think of anything more ignorant and indelicate than driving that right now ?

amenasce, bobhitch and Thecadster like this.
  21. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Agreed Scraggy - I took my 488 spider off the road today- I think it best to avoid displays of wealth atm, where it can be reasonably avoided (but to each his own, that is just my opinion).
    I can't see it coming out to play for several months.

uhn2000, IloveGT, Jo Sta7 and 2 others like this.
  22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Sad and true....

23. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Really encouraged by those immediate responses, a lot of diligent decent people with small businesses are getting killed out there. Just so sad. We love our cars and paid our taxes and probably lost a bundle last few weeks, but these cars are such a bad look right now.

May do a sneaky 6am run out !

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I was conflicted about my success BEFORE the world blew up. I’m despondent about it now....

wthensler, 09Scuderia and nmcclure like this.
  25. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    keep your powder dry fellas.