360 Modena -looking to buy | FerrariChat

360 Modena -looking to buy

Discussion in '360/430' started by sonfield, Mar 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
  2. 74dino246gts

74dino246gts Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Sorry, my mistake. It’s too late.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The sticky at the top about buying a 360 is a good place to start

EastMemphis likes this.
  4. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Ask seller for service history. When was the last major service? How many miles? How much life left on the clutch? Would he be willing to do a conditional sale based off of if it passes a PPI?

If the seller can’t provide you with most of these items, then scratch it off your list and move on. A good seller should have no problems giving you any information about the car to make you feel confident about the purchase.

If you want my opinion, stay off any auction sites. Buy a car through a reputable dealer, Classifieds on here, Autotrader or Car Guru.

I’ve now had success twice with Car Gurus. One for selling my 348 and second with purchasing my 360 last year. I highly recommend using them to buy any cars. Just remember with asking questions I mentioned above and doing your due diligence.

If you think you found a 360 and need an opinion, I have no problems helping you out in the process. Just shoot me a PM. Good luck and happy hunting!

5. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    That car is $20k over priced. Tons of red flags, needs a lot things remedied. Only good thing about it is the trans. I have spent many hours wondering if it would cost me $15k or $25k to make it right, and then still have a euro spec car in the end still.

sonfield likes this.
  6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You cant get "clutch life" info from a manual. Any car bought through any medium should go through a PPI. A decent car can be sold anywhere.

Yes, this is all the info that should be asked about any car, no matter what. The only blatant "red flag" I see is the fact that it's a Euro model, that is somewhat overpriced...maybe not $20k, but if the car checks out I would see it fetching around 70.

OP, do you due diligence, if it doesn't check out, move on. A Euro model will always be a tougher sell at a lower price than a US model, keep that in mind.

7. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    It has a “novitec” rear grill, it’s sitting on 20”s, lowered, and has a “top speed” exhaust. That to me means $1,500, $4,500, $1,000, and $2,500 to remedy, respectfully. Of course that’s if you don’t want to ride on 20’s with a Costco exhaust. Without seeing the interior or knowing the clutch (which you can only tell from driving) I’m already at $10k in repairs. Who knows about belts, mounts, rollovers, etc. oh yeah, and it’s still a 2000, euro, Titanio. Would be a great project at $50-60k, but it could get expensive.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This entire post is beyond ridiculous.

Meister likes this.
  9. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    it’s up for grabs if you think it’s a good buy.

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Pretty funny how some think the 430 F1 is the same car as the 360 gated.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I pity the fool