Are fuel pipes the same between a 308 and Mondial? Also - anyone parting out individual pipes? Help! | FerrariChat

Are fuel pipes the same between a 308 and Mondial? Also - anyone parting out individual pipes? Help!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Albert Penello, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Ok so tonight I finished one of my last maintenance items on my '85 QV which was to replace the front bank of fuel injectors. My car has the original steel injectors and I'm replacing them with a new set of Bosch brass ones.

The rears are a breeze, but the fronts are a bit more difficult since I have a Cabrio so I put it off.

Everything went well (figured out a way to pull the injectors easily) but putting them back on, the one of Bank 4 (passengers side front) is leaking.

Welp - upon further inspection that particular injector's threads welded themselves to the fitting, so when I removed the steel fuel injector it pulled the very last set of threads. This means it's basically ruined that pipe and there is no way to tighten the fitting to the injector.

So... I need that single pipe :(

I see no part numbers for Mondial pipes, although the #4 pipe for a 308QV is 118593.

First can I replaced that single pipe with one from a 308?

And also - is anyone know where I might be able to source a single pipe? I see some on ebay, that part is NLA from Ferrari, and the closest other option is a complete rear bank set from Eurospares for $760 GPB.

Thoughts?!

2. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Probably a good idea to sent a couple of pictures. Good Luck, SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    You could try Ferrparts in California. Thay have bailed me out once or twice. www.Ferrparts.com

4. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
  6. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Albert Penello likes this.
  7. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Thanks very much. I'm super familiar with the Porsche and MB units - the lines are different actually (surprisingly) even though they use the same injectors.

Fortunately, Eurospares said that line is still available so I tried to order and see what happens!

8. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    The length of each line is the same for Ferrari. You see clearly on this picture for Porsche the length is all different.
    Guido