Hoping you are all well | FerrariChat

Hoping you are all well

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by absostone, Mar 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Checking in with Chicago fchatters, Hope you and your family are all ok. Stay safe

rickytwoguns likes this.
  2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Thanks, same to you and yours! All is well. Obviously all of my personal and business travel has been postponed. Took my parents to Washington DC last weekend and it was a ghost town, but lovely, nice weather and great to walk around without the crowds.

absostone likes this.
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That's good to hear. Ive been trapped at home with no work for 3 weeks and now my boy is out of school till april 6th ,and I hope not more

4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Here in Mexico and there are
    Almost
    No restrictions. Being in the tourist business there are still people from United States coming, just not full like normal.
    I have a feeling México is going to reap the(negative ) benefits of this non restrictive environment. so far my family is fine and I know of no associates who have the virus.

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Good to hear from you Jason. Glad all is well. Be careful anyways

topcarbon likes this.
  6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Wow, keep us posted. Hopefully you're wrong of course!

Business for myself is still at the same pace, quite busy. We're in the tech space for retail/hospitality/government. Projects are all moving full steam ahead though I fully anticipate bumps in the road on timelines.

7. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Stay safe everyone. Shelter in place for now.

tatry68 and absostone like this.
  8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

;)

absostone likes this.
  9. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Probably my favorite Stones song. Although Sticky Fingers is their best album.

jjmalez and Texas Forever like this.
  10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Youll have plenty of time to listen with school closed.

11. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I think I miss school as much as my students. From 8-12 I have virtual discussions on the assigned readings with virtual field trips. (The Tenement Museum in NYC has a great tour covering 1890-1930 for US History.) Then I grade the assignments that according to ISBE guidelines, “don’t negatively impact students’ grades.” My English classes are reading The Stranger, by Albert Camus. Great book for discussions and questions even if we are online. Feel free to insert jokes about teaching The Plague (also by Camus). We’re OK for now. It could be a lot worse. My wife is a principal in Brighton Park, and they run out of free meals every day. As much as I don’t want to shelter in place, I think it is our only chance to flatten out the growth curve. Take care in the mean time. I know we’ll meet again in person someday.

absostone likes this.
  12. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Bad timing for me. Had to shut down my practice for nearly 3 weeks right after coming back from a 1 week vacation. The shut down may last longer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

absostone likes this.
  13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    The like button is actually a “I understand button”

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Jp glad you are keeping busy at least.
    Spiro I’ve been home for 4 weeks already. 3 weeks with no work to be had and one week with my son home from school. It sucks when you want to do your thing and not able to.

15. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    We are open at the car repair shop, but business is very slow. I also hope all you guys and your families stay well during this time.

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Good to hear that all is well, I went to home Depot this morning for a Furnace filter and some misc, Stuff. I was the only person wearing a mask. People look at me like im strange. Ill bet if I had a cold with that mask on they would thank me. I also had the cashier scan my items so I didn't touch anything.

17. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I'm staying home, my company is dead and it will take a lot of effort to revive it when eventually all this crap is over.
    Real estate is dead, I really feel sorry for all the restaurant folks, forced to stop making income but required to meet all financial obligations regardless.
    It's really bad......

Texas Forever likes this.
  18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yea it looks pretty bad, and ho knows how many new cases this week. I am in the middle of a refi so thats good with the low rates. And interestingly enough is that I was looking into possibly flipping some foreclosures . Was just getting a heloc done also. So as usual im always late to the party

19. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Doing OK here. I'm basically retired, although I do some consulting, and that can all be done by phone. Because we are in the (ahem) "older" category (although thankfully healthy with no underlying conditions), we've basically been staying home except for groceries, etc., for a few weeks now, so not much is changing for us. I do miss in person social interaction, but there can be no debate about what we need to do in order to prevent things from becoming catastrophic. They're going to get worse before they get better. I feel very sorry for small business owners and their employees, this is going to take a big bite out of the economy, and not just for this year even if we turn the corner in a couple of months.

OTOH, when the weather gets better, it seems to me that solo drives fall into the category of social isolation...

Stay safe, everyone.

Texas Forever likes this.
  20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Good to hear you are doing well. I work for myself and always did well. But this virus thing clobbered me. The slow down started weeks back for me.

21. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    All we can do is hang in there, heed all the warnings, and wait for things to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absostone likes this.
  22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008