For Sale - 575 SuperAmerica Red/Tan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 575 SuperAmerica Red/Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by RedRacer, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I looked at cars for sale in Europe, because I have business there and thought about buying one there. I found it hard to get reliable data on the Euro cars, because asking prices were 25% higher than the US (for Euro cars that will stay in Europe). But I had trouble in tracking sales of these listings. So, I really don't know about the Euro vs US market here.

2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

The issue with the Barchetta is that it has a stick, which adds value, but its roof mechanism is a joke, which hurts value. All in all, the stick is a net increase in the pricing equation.

ralfabco likes this.
  3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I understand I owned a Barchetta for a few years and sold it thinking I would buy an SA one day cause where I live it is either to hot or cold or rainy to take the Barchetta on any long all day drives...but they are great cars.......

4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Just carry a terry towel with you, if a chance for rain is in the forecast. The towel will help soak up the water that is inside the cockpit. Most of the water was trapped behind the seats and at the top of the windshield. With the towel you can just about manage moderate rain while you are driving. The worst part of the experience is the feeling other drivers must think you are absolutely nuts driving a F car in the rain. Why does he not pull over and hit the button for the top to come up.

sixcarbs likes this.
  5. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I solved the issue with the no top little boat very economically by buying a $200 waterproof car cover from Costco. If I go out and starts raining, I would just pull over, park the car, put on the car cover, go drink a cup of coffee and pray for the sun to come out. No roof needed here.

technom3, sixcarbs and LARRYH like this.
  6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Don't forget to play "Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head" the next time you are all covered up.

7. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    You also have to become sort of a meteorologist before taking the little boat for a drive.

ralfabco likes this.
  8. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    I have received some questions and thought it might be helpful to share answers here for everyone's benefit.

Car just completed a service at Ferrari Beverly Hills. Replaced timing belts and tensioner pulleys, R&R throttle body boots and air boxes, replace spark plugs, refit sticky door triangle, replace brake fluid, coolant, oil, washer fluid. Clutch is only 23% worn. The car should sell soon. Make an offer. Cheers!

JoeTSI likes this.
  9. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Was this car smogged in CA recently? If not, when was it last smogged in California?

10. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    The car has not been successfully smogged in California to my knowledge. Are you in California? Is this a requirement?

11. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Asking $245,000, 12,000 miles, replaced roof, fresh service, I agree, it should sell soon!

Gh21631 likes this.
  12. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Yes in CA. Unfortunately, the smog certification is required for CA. Thank you

13. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Understood. Car can be smogged and will be driven this week to put on the needed miles.

14. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

The Superamericas are notoriously difficult, if not impossible, to smog in CA. I've scoured the US for a California compliant one. Talked to the Factory, Ferrari, USA (via the dealers) ...not much success for any reprogramming to pass smog...it's a dirty word after VW. I've considered registering in a neighboring state, but the insurance where domiciled is an issue.

15. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Car is being sent to Ferrari Beverly Hills for smogging. Should be there for viewing by appointment next week. I already have one offer. .

16. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    In answer to questions, asking price is $225,000. Two offers in. Car will sell. Car being sent for smogging.

17. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

PM me when smogged. Very Interested

18. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Car has passed California Smog this am.

ralfabco and JoeTSI like this.
  19. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  20. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  21. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Congrats...does passing California "Smog" rob car of any power or performance?

Thx

22. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Though the cars are notoriously difficult to smog, with good servicing and a little driving, they will clear smog. Not aware of performance reductions from this.

23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No difference between California Ferraris and Ferraris in other states for a long, long time. Not since the 308 days, I believe.

technom3 likes this.
  24. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    No. Zero difference.