360 - 430 Noticing a lot new Fcar Owners ? | FerrariChat

360 430 Noticing a lot new Fcar Owners ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RANDY6005, Mar 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Seems just about every day there is new post that some one has bought a 360 or 430 Wright ? Maybe the values may go back again ?

2. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I might eat my hat one day, but I won’t buy anything newer than a F430.

Having driven an 458 before, yes they’re a lot faster, but not as emotional to drive as the 430 and earlier cars.

So wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of new Ferrari owners go for the earlier models.

JRE, M.Gustave, KC360 FL and 3 others like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    they're great cars and ones that have had gremlins addressed are great buys...prices cld firm up but they arent going to double anytime soon...they made lots of them...

4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Probably just a lot of good deals out there :) ... I sort of want to keep mine, but the 458 was what I was really after. I'm also pretty sure I'm going with a spider next time. I agree with @vinny84 but I just like the looks, and it's slightly lower maintenance. It's also pretty insane at the top end of the revs. The first time I drove it, I wasn't all the way on board because it almost felt too fast. The second time, I got more time in it, and REALLY liked it.I don't think you can compare the two. Both amazing in their own respects. Sound on the F430 with single clutch wins hands down though.

Themaven and vinny84 like this.
  5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    EVERY spring we see a bunch of new owners as driving season is at hand. Great to see new folks joining the fold.

6. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Each new owner (360/430) is based on the sale of a former owner. The bottom line is that everything stays the same.

7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well, maybe some of the same cars but it's always new people. And Id venture to say that we see many new cars from folks who were never on this forum. Just an observation after 7 years...

Penzinger likes this.
  8. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    This...
    New and first time Ferrari owner here after years of 911’s. Decided to treat myself for the big 4-0 this year, drove a 458. Liked it, but honestly was very much like a higher revving and more eye catching 911 TS you FCar guys please don’t take offense, I think the 911 Turbo S is the best all around car in the world). Almost bought it anyways then drove a 430 while on vacation in FL. LOVED how visceral it felt, like you actually had to care about driving. It’s on its way up north to me now (just in time a snow Monday... yuck).

Oh, and not gonna lie, the $85k price difference didn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
  10. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    SingleClutch likes this.
  11. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    LMAO, i have an 06 F430 Spider coming in and I'm doing the same with the garage, looking for wall art as I type this...

mchas and SingleClutch like this.
  12. Snaptaz

Snaptaz Rookie

Feb 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Fillare
    I'm actually a current 2015 911 Turbo S owner. Cobb tuned Stage 3 car with approx. 650hp / 700ftlb at the crank. The thing is ridiculously fast. Probably the best automobile I will ever drive. I made the mistake of taking a low miles 05 bone stock F430 out for a spin recently... and ..well there's just so much more "soul" to it. It's obviously nowhere near as fast, but there was just something so much more visceral about it. Stock exhaust and it still sounded unbelievable... and my 911 is catless and shoots flames for God's Sake! I just can't imagine I don't eventually end up in an F Car hopefully soon! I drove a 458 the same day actually..and although definitely faster, I don't know, it just didn't feel like the 430. Maybe I am losing my mind. Anyone looking for a stunning and silly-fast Turbo S? LOL

vinny84 likes this.
  13. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I can imagine that the market realizes how good the F430 generation really is. Looking back In 2005 Ferrari seems to have found with this car an almost perfect mixture between old and new. Old includes rough, loud, simple and technically direct, functional design elements. New means eye-catching design, modern assistance systems and the quest for ever stronger and ever faster.

From the F430 generation onwards, the design of the cars became more and more fancy and extreme and therefore no longer sustainable and harmonious. The bodies were perforated with more and more aerodynamic features. The marketing tells you the holes bring benefits, in reality they are just mud traps. The assistance systems have been given ever greater importance and making cars more and more digital. The plus in performance, let's be honest, in reality most drivers can no longer use and control this performance level, btw that's why all these assistance systems are in place.

And all this also applies to modern competitors. Many are faster, but who can really feel the car? Who really still has a harmonious design today? The vehicles look like study objects of aerodynamics students, often just ridiculous and after one year completely "out of fashion". And the "new performance wave"? I recently drove a McLaren 720. Enjoyed the orgy of acceleration a few times and then returned the key to the dealer completely emotionless. The car did not captivate me at all. If I want to be fast, I can drive a Tesla.

Yes, the F430 is an almost perfect mix of everything that makes a sports car, even today, or today more than ever.

14. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Three of the 18 Porsches I've owned were TTS's (996, 997 and 991) and while I truly think they are the best overall cars in the world, they do lack a bit of "soul" as you say. Looking forward to this F430 Spider getting here and seeing the true difference, but I think there will be a large gap between them.

Snaptaz likes this.
  15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
  16. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Beautiful ride... and weather it looks like.
    I think my new (to me) F430 Spider is due to get here tomorrow, which I should be excited about but we're expected to have freezing rain and snow here in RI so not looking forward to it getting down my long driveway...
    Oh well, really quite a first world problem... lol

cole328 likes this.
  17. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I make my own wall art

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Al Casteen, Manda racing and 9650max like this.
  18. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Check out the Hargerty 2020 Bull Market Report: https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/12/16/best-collector-cars-to-buy-now-2020-bull-market-list

I was fortunate to have my car selected as one of the cars featured in their report. Learned a bunch from talking with the Hagerty guys over the 2-day photo shoot at Lime Rock Park. They collect lots of data, including the number of requests they receive to insure certain models, and also the requested $ amount owners request to be insured. The 360 has been "hot" on both of these data points, which is why it was selected for their Bull Market report.

JRE, Graz and vinny84 like this.
  19. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Indeed… But congratulations nonetheless. It’ll give you something to look forward to with nice weather comes. I am 54, and I’ve only had mine for about one year, but I drive it every chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    lets all pray this virus goes away quick and we can all enjoy our lives in peace...

21. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    AMEN!:D

SingleClutch likes this.
  22. wtam608

wtam608 Rookie

Sep 24, 2015
    Went out for a quick drive over the weekend... empty parking lot, when it is usually full.:(
    Let's support our local businesses when things are back to normal.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That looks like Alice's. Can't wait to go back there when all this is over with.

24. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Nice drive?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

25. wtam608

wtam608 Rookie

Sep 24, 2015
    Roads was wide opened. :)