Dealer question | FerrariChat

Dealer question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Regular Guy 01, Mar 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Hey guys,

My wife and I like to travel around the country and when we do we enjoy stopping by the local Ferrari dealerships and stores. We like to look at their cars for sale and going to their parts department. If I am lucky, I even get a tour of their service department by a manager.
    I have noticed in my travel that none of the dealerships I have visited have any items personalized with their location. You can buy many factory bits but all are from the factory and the same.
    I noticed on another thread that in the 60's or 70's they had stickers that you could put on the back window of your car but this is no longer the case.
    Am I the only one who notices this and am I the only one who would like to remember a visit to a far away dealership with a little memento like a local specific key chain or little bit?

Thanks,
    Gene Greer

kes7u and LARRYH like this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ferrari of New England has personalized chotchkies.

3. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I ordered a couple of keychains from them awhile ago as they were easy to work with.
    I have yet to visit them as we were in Boston a few years ago and hadn't been back since.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind buying t-shirts and bits with local dealers logos on them?

4. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Local dealer merchandise reminds me of Harley dealerships. Not sure why auto dealerships don’t do the same... perhaps the profit margin is not there.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Ferrari SpA is extremely controlling and require that a Franchised dealer only offer official products.

That's not to say that items are not available, but we are spot checked multiple times a year and are encouraged to have factory displays with official items.

S

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    The amount of Ferrari swag at the dealerships I’ve visited is pretty limited, which seems like a lost sales opportunity. The Ferrari store in LA on the other hand.....

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's interesting, as syata said it's a different world at Harley dealerships. I made a habit of collecting a t-shirt from every dealership I visited.

Now that I think of it, the cups and stuff I got from FNE was given to me and not available for sale.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  8. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Thanks for all your input guys.
    Some good information there and I appreciate your thoughts and observations.
    Good to know that others have seen the same situations and would change them if they could.

Stay safe in these crazy times,
    Gene Greer