488 - Why are Pistas not selling ? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

488 Why are Pistas not selling ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Texas2step, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Lots of cheap money out there still so people are trying to ride this out and see where it goes.

Shadowfax and wrs like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its more than that. Most that I know were already preparing for a down market and are liquid looking to buy. Not everyone is taking a beating. Heck, I just put a deposit on another car. :) However, I have issues but it keeps me pushing.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Hope you are right. Not seeing home price drop yet.
    Sold Pista, planning to have my shop wrap the F badges on the Lusso so it really goes under the radar.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Put a Mustang pony badge on it...that will take care of the 'under the radar' part :D

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Or just put the prancing horse sideway...

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    LOL

Love it.

7. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Drive at night Fast so no one can see you!!

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    My take on this question is that unlike previous models the Pista's have been speced very uniquely. There are so many variations with strips , colours , interiors that with all the pictures posted its hard to see 2 alike.

Maybe people arent finding what they want ? Ive seen a LOT of Pistas speced in a way that I would Never buy it.

My 2 cents

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    This is a good time to have a 05/06 Ford GT. It’s the only one of my go fast cars I feel comfortable driving. The Ford badge neutralizes any stigma it would seem.

anishka, IPO1 and FordGTDriver like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #335 Shadowfax, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Let's all not too feel too bad about taking the beast out for a proper go. I think what really pisses people off is seeing these cars peacocked around in posing off trying to get seen. Now that IS bad taste even in pre corona times. So long as we can still buy fuel for it then take it out and give it a go.:D:cool:

PS Mandalay pretty sure people can find what they want out of the Pista's available - just for some finding the money to buy in can be a mental struggle at the moment and everyone thinks they are entitled to a deal which often isn't available or not likely to happen in the real world anyway. For those with and who don't need to unload Pista to cover a bad call they have no issues so may as well continue to enjoy in good health. Life's too short to be holding back. Heck you could get corona tomorrow and you cant take Pista with you if things go south. Funny some here like to think those with Pista are in for some punishment but the truth is for most Pista owners is they know the only ones being punished are the ones without or the ones having to unload or holding out for the steal that never happens. And if a good deal does come their way they still dont buy in as they think there is a better deal so eventually they just miss out on everything which only makes them even more cynical and miserable deep down....not that they would ever admit it. So they post crap up like why Pistas arent selling. Well I say go figure....while i'm driving mine flat out with a big smile on my face. Here is a pic on the return leg in the 3rs. These are all good toys so my advice is use them while you can. Look if we didn't do that run when we did we'd be eating out of a can for dinner with all the bars and restaurants shut down now...and borders closed. Good god what is the world coming to?

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #336 Shadowfax, Mar 24, 2020
    Sorry missed the pics! So much for why Pista's are not selling! Like who really cares?:D

Ist pic at the dam 1650 metres above sea level. And pic 2 and 3 down on seal level.....in the middle of nowhere....

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

PS IloveGT don't be fooled by the visual lack of bugs. As Alfistaportoghese correctly says, looks can be very deceiving....the beauty of being black. Plus we always kept below the speed limit to spare the lives of the innocent insects which prior too were having a great day :D.

MANDALAY, of2worlds and IloveGT like this.
  12. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Fabulous car but that wing is ridiculous

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #338 Shadowfax, Mar 24, 2020
    Ridiculous maybe, but it definitely works.;) And the noise coming out of those pipes through the deserted forests is like the sound of an atom bomb splitting. I recall coming over a rise and there were 3 wild brumbies, one stallion as black as night, the other two dark brown, all perched closely together off on an elevated pitch just off to the side of the rd, awaiting what was coming over the rise.....probably wondering WTF!!?? Amazing sight. Now that's what these cars are all about!! The scenery was unbelievable.....and zero cars.... Why Pista's were not selling did not even enter my mind even for a second.

jim g likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    home prices might not drop for a long time, because no bank is going to foreclose on anyone anytime soon because the virus will be the excuse used. housing is local but outside of the few hot pockets i see housing being stuck in the mud for a long time.

09Scuderia likes this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Just bought a new house God I hope so.

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    cant get them all right! just keep telling yourself its a consumption item, that's what i do! i put my house at the top on 2005 so i feel your pain.

17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I walked from a house this week betting prices will be down and better inventory later.

18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    LARRYH, of2worlds and IloveGT like this.
  19. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Lets cheer up people. This is a trying period but the dark tunnel will be beyond us in a relatively short period. Much for which to be thankfull and even more to look forward.

Gh21631 and italiafan like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Once the pandemic has been controlled and the economy is in operation and on its way to recovery, every Pista available at realistic prices will be snapped up.

mkraft3003 and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Sad to hear some feeling guilty about their car passion but I can understand. Personally, my bad year was 2019. I didn't see anyone holding back when I was hurting nor did I expect it. I made myself a promise to drive the car this Spring and will try to enjoy it. The only place I ever see anyone during drives over here is at the annual service and at the gas station. Rides are almost always local country roads. Only concerns are bugs on the paint, deer and any kind of ticket. That and all the horsepower and rusty talent. It never occurred to me to worry about what others think as I never had a bad experience about it. On paper I have lost a fortune on the car as well as retirement so even more reason to enjoy. That and statistics show I may be a goner if I catch the Wuhan. Good luck all.

LARRYH, JohnTz, MANDALAY and 4 others like this.
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Hope you’re okay....

MANDALAY and Solid State like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011