Extended warranty | FerrariChat

Extended warranty

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Gum12345, Oct 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Hi, I did a lot of search on fchat and Google and can't seem to find a definitive answer to this. Can someone help? Before is copied and pasted from Ferrari website

For maximum peace of mind, every new Ferrari comes with the standard factory three-year warranty along with a seven-year free maintenance programme. The full factory warranty can be extended for a further two years and, from the vehicle’s 6th to 12th year, owners can stipulate the New Power warranty which provides cover on all major components.

Can someone tell me whether the fully factory warranty extension (year 4 and 5) is transferable if the car is bought by a non Ferrari dealer?

How about the year 6-12 new power warranty?

If they are not transferable, what needs to be done and how costly to be allowed to buy the extended warranty on my own?

Thanks in advance.

2. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Take a look at the finite list of major components for new power warranty and see if its worth it, notably missing is most sensors which have a timed life (though for my 2012 spider my o2 sensors went out and was covered by new power, my abs sensors also malfunctioned and wasn't covered). The question you have to ask yourself is not renew and roll the dice or have your downside somewhat capped

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Both warranties are transferable.

Extended warranty is about $5500 per year. New Power is $4500 per year with some discounts for renewing it if you have no claims the previous year.

IloveGT likes this.
  4. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Spot on. I recently sold my '08 430 to a non Ferrari dealer and the Power Warranty that I had went along with the car. The warranty is independent to whom you sell the car to (i.e. dealer), as the warranty is registered with Ferrari as they are the provider of coverage.

5. Gofast430

Gofast430 Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Don Dearmore
    All warranties stay with the car. New-3, 4-5 And 6-12.
    Same with 0-7 Maintenance.

6. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I know this is older but it’s impressive and good info to know for most that may not know.

7. rolikmeir

rolikmeir Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    did anyone have luck getting a discount on the new power with consecutive years? I ended up paying more $500 more the following year and I made no claims. I have a 2011 458.

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Didn't they just have promotion? Buy one get one free...I read it somewhere...

9. Rajiv Amin

Rajiv Amin Rookie

Sep 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rajiv Amin
    FYI. Beware of total auto protect.com. They talk a good game. I filed a claimed 41 days later and they said the fuel pump leak was preexisting. After arguing, they paid 1/3. 60 days later transmission actuator went out (14k). They emailed me and said they are cancelling policy. Currently, sent a letter to them stating they are breaching contract. No answer yet. They policy was $5500 for 3 years. What a headache. I would never buy a policy from them again. Just wanted to warn other Ferrari owners

andyrichter likes this.
  10. Rajiv Amin

Rajiv Amin Rookie

Sep 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rajiv Amin
    So disregard my post above since I can't delete.