F8 - Order Status | Page 20 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    My car went 91 today. I guess it’s actually in the US. Time to celebrate. :)

LARRYH, Jcmd, jim g and 1 other person like this.
  2. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Sweet!!! Congrats - I am sure that feels great to know the car is actually here. I am still negotiating with dealer on my.........Ferrari needs to step up and offer some options based on current economy (IMO)

LARRYH likes this.
  3. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Kept me posted. Never seen them negotiate sh#t :)

4. Fezza123

Fezza123 Rookie

Jul 16, 2016
    I’m in the U.K., put my F8 deposit down in March last year. Yesterday phoned my dealer asking when the car was scheduled, was originally told May / June this year. Given what’s occurring through Europe it didn’t quite feel right taking a delivery of a new Ferrari, so I asked if it was possible to be pushed back in the queue.

An hour later he phoned back, apparently I was the first HR Owen F8 order and the car is in build, early stages, and was originally scheduled for arrival late next month. This will clearly be delayed because of the factory shut down, which he thinks will be extended beyond the 2 weeks.

Well at least I’ll have my car not long after the factory opens up again, although I no I’m going to take a beating trying to shift the 488, ah well

5. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    The company I work for has an office in Milan - we are closed thru April. Maranello is that that far away. Today the count of Covid -19 cases in Italy was 54 thousand. Until this number levels off the expectation is hard to predict. Let’s us know what you hear.

6. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    The situation in Italy is dire, their health care system is close to collapse as the cases keep increases. Also the numbers reported are lower than actual on the ground numbers which are impossible to report. One of my employees is from Emilia-Romagna and he told me army trucks rolled in a few days ago to remove bodies. He said they removed 30 bodies for mass incarceration. Horrific.

I don't think Ferrari or Lamborghini will be opening any time soon. The situation is extremely fluid and numbers will need to decrease rapidly to get control.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  7. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Cpiguy - You are very lucky. As of today mine is still 90. My dealer said for sure it is on a boat with 5 others, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    My F8 Tributo come on Friday last week :)

PTG1, Glenn Quagmire and Melvok like this.
  9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I hope the dealer is still open ?

10. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Thanks man. Yeah, I'm still not sure what the timing is, but'm ready to just sit on my driveway and look at the beautiful piece of art.

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Mine got to the dealer, just got off the phone. They will have it ready Monday and he is going to send me some pictures after it's off the truck. It just arrived an hour ago.

Drson likes this.
  12. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    That's exciting Bill. Are you planning on taking delivery.

13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    MANDALAY, jim g and Drson like this.
  14. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
  15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I haven't broached the subject yet and I am paying cash. Another part of my mixed feelings. It helps to look at the pictures though. :)

16. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Yeah, I never pay cash, The sales tax would kill me. I plan unloading the F8 with 2 years, so I'd rather handle the payment and save $15k in sales tax. Beside, my cash flow is extremely strong so, I'd also sooner keep my money invested. Even though I cashed out of the market for 60 days.

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Here in Texas you pay the full sales tax irrespective of cash, finance or lease. I have never leased a car but I have financed a few.

18. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Interesting. Anyway, congratulations on an absolutely beautiful car. I actually had a dream last night about how I plan to take delivery. Weird. I dreamt that they’d deliver the car to the house. Have them wipe everything down and put the car in my garage. I’d then let it sit for a couple of days until the Corona sh*t dies. Then take it for a long drive. Stupid stuff we think about when we sleep.

wrs likes this.
  19. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I am being offered 2.75% for 60 and 3.5% for 84 (that is down over a point from 2 weeks ago). Personally they need to be at 0% in my opinion based on everything going on. I have never financed a car but may do this on my F8 if they go to zero. I may walk away too.............Seems improbable I will want to drive the car for quite some time (I still can't believe I would have ever said that. My car should be here any day so not much time left to decide.

wrs likes this.
  20. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Are those rates for lease or loan, and are they from Ferrari Financial?

21. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Any penalty beyond initial deposit if you walk away?

22. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    That is from Ferrari Financial (for purchase). My understanding is you can walk away and lose your deposit but guess I need to find my paperwork in the morning and verify (probably should have done that before now!)

23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Can you even walk away though what about the signed sales contract/ order? When I read mine it said if its 21 days late you can give them 14 days notice to deliver and if they don't the contract is cancelled

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You can walk away but contract says unless you meet the conditions I included above you can not take delivery, the dealer will sell is and either you pay them if the sold it less then the deposit or they settle up with you if they sell for more, if they can sell for msrp you get the deposit back in full

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

25. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Just pulled my copy and you are right (although the copy I have is only signed by dealer.). I may have signed it but if so, it was a year ago when I put the first deposit down and did not get a copy. Regardless, Ferrari is now a public company and will suffer sales and profit due to this unfortunate outbreak. They will lose a lot more if they are unwilling to work with their loyal customer base. I have little doubt my dealer and I will work it out.

PTG1 likes this.