low oil pressure | Page 2 | FerrariChat

low oil pressure

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rick ollis, May 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    WD-40 is not good for electronic connections, rubber or plastic. CRC (same company that makes the cheap brake cleaner - red can) makes an electronic connector cleaner that will not harm any of the materials and dries fast and leaves zero residue. WD-40 leaves a greasy film and attacks lots of materials I have found.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Melvok, up4speed and Baitschev like this.
  2. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    Hi i only noticed that Problem when Oil Level is small under Minimum.why?turn of ignition Fill up Oil to Max Level.switch on ignition without Start and you read 8bar.(wrong Indikation).disconnect the oilplug and Connect it resets the System iam thinking

3. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's exactly what I used

Solid State likes this.
  4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am not sure what you are asking. However, I'll give it my best guess.
    I think that you are saying that your oil shows low when engine is off. If so, this is normal. The engine needs to be started/running and warm to get accurate level. DO NOT OVER FILL! This is VERY bad, and will cost a lot of money to correct.
    It also sounds like you are saying that after you check the oil and the pressure is up, then shut the engine off, then turn key on with engine off, it still shows 8 bar pressure, unless you unplug and re-plug sensor. This may be normal, I have never checked that. I wouldn't worry about that as long as the pressure seems normal when the engine is started/running.
    I hope I understood your post/question and answered correctly. If not, please try to explain

5. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    What is part number on the oil pressure sender

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name: