Any interest in a NE Florida track day? | FerrariChat

Any interest in a NE Florida track day?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by kenneyd, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The FIRM (near Jacksonville) is running a coronavirus track rental special.
    $1500 for a private rental. Pretty cheap if we split 5-10 ways
    I was thinking some time in the first 3 weeks off April.
    We did this a few years back, total blast, Thoughts?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I am in. What track? If there are only 2, I'll split it with you. If more, I would suggest 8-10 max....

I was planning to rent the road course at Gainesville dragway to do the same thing.

3. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    https://www.gorally.com/
    It's the firm Motorsports Park in starke Florida. it's quite a bit larger than the road course at Gainesville.
    Last time we split it between about eight other guys, I was hoping to have about the same turn out.
    No fewer than say, 5, and no more than 10.
    very casual, you can drive as fast or slow as you want. No need to push it, just have fun

4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I am in for this. What is the honest track experience of the guys that will attend? I ask as an experienced track guy because I do not want to be at speed and come up on a guy that has zero to only a few track days and not have an idea of the line they will take. Is it a point by/blinker pass rule? Pass on straight only or pass anywhere?

I instruct for Chin and Porsche Club since 2006 so I would like to offer any guidance or help you may need. This could be a great learning experience for some and a way together out and away for the boring stay home life for the past 2-3 weeks a lot have experianced.

5. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    With less than 10 people, I would assume no more than 2 cars on track at a time. That will still give everyone all the track time their tires can handle.

6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Well, right now it's just us three lol. I kind of threw it out there to see if there was some interest. No plans made yet.
    I expect it to be a lot like the last time I was there, at first there is maybe five people on the track, after 20 minutes they all came in, and then for the rest of the day you were the only one or two out there pretty much.
    I think for about an hour, the guys with the 458 specials were drag racing down the straight or just trying to figure out how to drift around a turn. They were out there by themselves, very fun to watch.
    While you could have been out there for 8 hours straight, no one does that, I maybe did an hour, then just got rides in others cars.

7. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I'd come watch:)

8. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I could likely dredge up one more participant, but I'm ok with splitting the bill in 3rds. I'd actually prefer fewer people.

9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'll call the FIRM Monday and get some date options to run by you guys.
    I'll let you know

Ianjoub likes this.
  10. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
  11. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    I have a few questions, if you don’t mind. Will there be corner workers/flaggers, EMT vehicle and personnel on premises? Anyone with in car video showing full course laps at speed? How about non-street cars participating? Possible two days or just one day? Thanks.

PS mid to late April is better for me.

12. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Limited to just Ferraris? I've had my 458 on the track. I have a new Porsche Twin Turbo S that I'd be interested in bringing depending on the date.

13. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I called the FRIM this morning. I initially only asked about the next 2 weeks, April 6, 13, 14, 15 are available. Unless we want to stand in the sun the whole day, 2 corner workers are required at ~$150 each.
    EMT can be provided at and additional $500.
    Here is their email.

We are so excited that you've decided to rent our tracks for a Private Track Rental! Here are some important final follow up items:

1. Please sign the attached rental agreement - based on $1,500 & 2 corner works = $1,926.00. Just for you to review and share with your group.
    2. Attached is The FIRM INSURANCE WAIVER agreement. This is signed by ANYONE and EVERYONE who passes our gate (even the delivery personnel). We provide this as an FYI and it's required by our insurance and can not be altered or changed.
    3. Confirmation of an EMT and Track Volunteers.
    4. Attached is the Vehicle - Tech Inspection Form
    • An EMT: $500 if The FIRM contracts to have available
    • 3 Track Volunteers: $450 if The FIRM contracts to have available
    Track Volunteers:
    Can be any members from your organization that agree to take shifts (1 person at the main gate as the Track Steward and 2 corner workers) all working together to communicate should an incident occur and for your safety.

Our insurance covers 9 vehicles on track Per Run Group. If you wish to have more than 9 vehicles on track you can either:

1.Provide proof of your own insurance for approval with our carrier OR

2. Pay a premium to have larger run groups listed below

• 1 Day | $378 Allows 10-25 Cars on Track Per Run Group.
    Here's me on my first few laps. Theres one turn with a wall. I just put my car in 4th and conservatively cruised around that one.

And here is another with terrible wind noise, but shows speeds:

Any car you wanna bring is fine

14. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    Thanks for the quick reply. The April 13-15 dates may be possible, but will not know until later this week (car prep). In either case, I would insist that EMT be present, and pay to have the FIRM arrange for three corner workers and track steward. I understand if you can’t wait on me and hope it comes together for all those going. Good luck, be safe and have fun!

PS When I lived the the Northeast, four of us rented Bridgehampton for the day. Unfortunately, one of us (not me) went upside down in an accident on his own and EMT on premise responded and flaggers immediately threw the black flag to get the rest of us into the pit at reduced speeds. Driver was fine, but car was not.

15. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Just to update this thread, turns out I have to work all next week, so I will be attending the FRIM tomorrow (sat 11th) for one of their regular open track days. I hope you guys can still put something together.

16. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Have a good friend who goes to the firm several times a year. Said he would be willing to join the group if it worked and the day chosen was workable for him.
    Bill
    FL

17. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I missed the updates on this thread. PM me when you get more available dates. I am retired, so no date restrictions :). Just count me as in for whatever date you book.

18. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’d be interested, date depending. Would bring the 458.

19. Douglas Apelian

Aug 27, 2018
    Green Cove Springs, Florida
    Full Name:
    Douglas Apelian
    Did you guys get to do this and if you did how was the experience? Would you like to do it again? I am located in Green Cove Springs and am retired. I have been looking at going up there but doing it with a group would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Not sure, I've been a few times just on the regular open track days. It's always fun, never busy. Always some other really cool cars there.
    I'm in the midst of a giant construction project at my house which is tying up my weekends right now, but I'd be up for sneaking out to one of those open track days if anyone else is going. As long as we do it when it's not hot out lol

21. Douglas Apelian

Aug 27, 2018
    Green Cove Springs, Florida
    Full Name:
    Douglas Apelian
    Count me in.