My windshield cracked upon closing the roof, anyone else experienced this? | FerrariChat

My windshield cracked upon closing the roof, anyone else experienced this?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by M go Blue, Mar 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M go Blue

M go Blue Rookie

Mar 28, 2020
    Foster City, CA
    Full Name:
    eli rapaich
    I bought a CPO 2017 T with 5800 miles in December, love the car. I closed the roof in my garage last night and the windshield cracked from the top left around the rearview mirror. Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

2. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    First time hearing of this and I researched the hell out of it before buying my 2015. I do not know if the Cali T uses two motors/rams like all the 911s I have had. Your garage is presumably flat, level surface, so no chance of unequal torque. Good thing it's a CPO, I'm curious if insurance would have covered it at no cost like cracks from road debris.

Andrew Pour likes this.
  3. OffsetImage

OffsetImage Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Spence Haldren
    I have been working on Ferrari's for 3 years and have never seen that before without it starting from a rock chip or something like that. The windshield area is only used for the latching of the roof. there is very little pressure from the roof upon closing.