Just got my Cali T, now it's quarantined | FerrariChat

Just got my Cali T, now it's quarantined

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by TifosiConch, Mar 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I live in Key West and I bought my 2015 Cali T in Las Vegas last month and flew out to see and drive it 2 weeks later (Vegas was still open). I then arranged shipping to my home in Fort Lauderdale, as they always change trucks in Miami and enclosed transport to Key West can take a while. Meanwhile, the world ended, especially for the tourism business in Key West, as almost all my friends are furloughed or on half income at best, as am I.
    The car arrived Thursday, I spent a glorious weekend on the mainland driving and discovering it, my best friend has an Aston Martin V8 Vantage so we had some fun ripping about. Then I made the decision to store it in my garage up north until this crisis is over. I'm well known in Key West, it's a small town and it wouldn't feel right showing up in a Ferrari while everyone is suffering and many are unemployed. There could also be negative repercussions for my business, as no one would get that I bought the car before all this came about. This is a little frustrating, but definitely a first world problem that pales in comparison to the people fighting for their lives or to pay the rent. I hope my wife allows a generous visitation schedule and all this is over soon!

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m not sure, but I think that visiting your Ferrari is considered essential travel.

IloveGT, BrendanL99 and TifosiConch like this.
  3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I think we’re all in the same boat. I want to take my CS out once a week to keep the fluids moving and everything working but I don’t want to drive it around as it may seem “insensitive”, even though I’m one of those who is not earning any income because of this nonsense.

IMO, the Swedes are the only my people taking a rational approach to this.

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I was surprised. First time in years that some kid driving a uHaul looked out his window and said "Hey!"... followed by... "******!"

IF course I responded with a loud "LOSER!", but there are alot of people who make stupid decisions who are finally feeling it. Not a time to "flaunt" good decisions or wealth.

kes7u likes this.
  5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I just arranged to have both cars delivered to the dealer for maintenance at the same time. Then with no Ferrari in the garage, I can have someone do some work in the garage without seeing any F car. so that my wife can stop nagging about the garage.

I guess driving the car for a quick fun drive in ferrari 6am without anyone seeing is ok!

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    If they're seeing you drive your Ferrari, then they aren't "staying home". ;)

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    We don't have a mandatory "stay home" quarantine in Florida. Whether driving an Fcar is a good idea in these days - tis a personal decision.

Personally, I've been furloughed and have not much to do for the time being. Girlfriend and I are planning a long drive today. If we're all going to die, I'll spend some last days in a Ferrari... not sitting on the sofa reading Facebook memes like the rest of America.

Florida Joe and SLViper1 like this.