488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 8 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I agree.

I question those that are cancelling their orders , were they actually in the right situation to have ordered ?

Ash Patel and chrixxx like this.
  2. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1

Last day 2000 NEW infected people ,we will start to open on the 18 th of April ( not bar and restaurant ) u will see.

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    huh?

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's incorrect. There were 4000 new cases, 800 deaths, 1200 recoveries. So the 2000 number you mention is an increase in 2000 concurrent cases, not new cases. New cases was in fact 4000.

Nonetheless, this is a substantial improvement and over the next two weeks new cases may drop very quickly.

5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    https://www.google.it/amp/s/romanews.eu/live-coronavirus-il-bollettino-dello-spallanzani-208-positivi-24-con-supporto-respiratorio-brusaferro-iss-siamo-arrivati-al-picco/amp/

this is what I know .. anyway our government told us that from the 18th of April they will open all the companies and many shops... then I don’t know .....

6. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    #181 leopoldo, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    ... however this is what they think it should be possible but you know that every day the things could change ! For be more precise they told that the limitations for people will be until 18th so we think companies and many shop will be open after this date .... but we will see !finger crossed and hope that all will be fine soon!

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

VERY optimistic , sounds like some President suggesting by Easter everything will be open. I don't think so.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Back on topic, regarding Pistas selling bellow MSRP, I guess that’s true for cars with either weird/very personal specs and/or scarce optional equipment.

Regardless of the financial environment (if one can really analyze the Ferrari market without taking this into account), it just goes to show how important specs are, namely nowadays where personalization levels at Ferrari are unprecedented.

All Pistas I see in Europe are selling well below MSRP. Same happened with the Speciale. Perfectly normal and in no way an accurate reflection of how great these cars are. If one expects these cars to appreciate or takes close attention to their market value, it means one is bearing in mind the potential investment side of it, whereas the fun comes in the way of racking up mileage.

After a certain point, no one cares about mileage. And rightly so. If you’re on the market for lets say an F40, I bet you couldn’t care less about mileage and you’d adjust your offer based on specs and condition.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think you need a better source my friend.
    Tuesday saw 4053 new confirmed infected. This brings the total to 105792 confirmed infected. Of those 105792 only 15729 has been declared well. Tuesday saw 834 new deaths which brings the total deaths to 12428.

Like I said, this number of infected does not include those not registered, which is approx. 20 times as many. So no, you have many new and many infected. 5% new infected per day is huge, and one can't help but wonder what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I
    I see your point, and I think u are right , my point was only for the “ registered people “ so sorry , however we hope that this will end soon

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    come on mike, even you might buy something now no?

IPO1, MANDALAY, SoCal to az and 5 others like this.
  12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I kind of admire Mike. I have not decided if it’s pugnacious resilience or blissful ignorance, but the dude is certainly willing to come back for more. That said, we all know the answer to your question.

paulchua likes this.
  13. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Maybe so with some. For others they may not want the car as much as others and would rather have the money on hand for other things. Some may want to help others in need, family members, their business and employees instead of spending $350-$400k on a car during these times.

I know people like this and myself I fall into the latter and wish back in December I didn’t buy my 488. I would rather have the money free’d up to help others than have the car.

JohnTz, Thecadster, day355 and 2 others like this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m truly hopeful we as a world will come out stronger from this but my logical brain keeps taking over and overriding my hope!

Thecadster likes this.
  15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ROFL, somebody proves yet again another infamous @noone1 assertion wrong, and he's not just incorrect, but in actuality, the poi is now actually strange and pointless.

SoCal to az likes this.
  17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where am I incorrect? Can you point me to the US law regarding this?

And it is a strange and pointless law. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to why this law is so important and why it doesn't exist everywhere and on all purchases.

The fact that you can ask someone to order you a bespoke $500K product and then stick them with the bill is mind-bogglingly dumb.

18. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sure, how about across the world, Canada will hurt so will everyone :(. The employee subsidy program announced today was a brilliant move by the Federal government, I think its the best attempt at bridging the gap that they could make. The criteria are fuzzy but it has potential to really work and slow the massive layoffs.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #194 paulchua, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    You ask me where you are wrong? ROFL, thanks for proving precisely my point.

Last I checked, California is part of the United States? In many contracts in other states, provisions can favor the buyer in terms of deposit. Just because you don't understand this doesn't make this subject or any other automatically "pointless, strange or mind-bogglingly dumb." I would argue quite the opposite.

But we all know this already.

arizonaitalian and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Why do you bother. You might make more progress banging your head into the wall.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Any attention and we all now it takes very little, paid to noone will only encourage him.

22. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Don’t discourage him ... we’re all under lockdown and there’s only so much Netflix I can watch ... Noone1 is like free entertainment!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #198 noone1, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Are you upset because you thought China's PMI was good or something? Practically all of Europe and the US are on lock down and you think all is well in Chinese factories :rolleyes:

A modest >50 PMI after all-time low PMI with an order book that's emptier than ever...

24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wasn't aware California law is US law. You should let the rest of the states know...

25. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #200 boobernackle, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Dealers will spec a car for production so they don't lose the allocation, a Pista is not a tough sell. This is why some are getting "surprise" cars showing up, along with an excuse tied to it. If you don't like the spec, move on, just don't judge until you see the car with your own eyes, pictures do not do a Pista any justice.

of2worlds likes this.