360 430 $52.90 Bosch ignition coil | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 430 $52.90 Bosch ignition coil

Discussion in '360/430' started by RANDY6005, Oct 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Happy to report did tuneup w:

slovenia coil packs
    Rebuilt fuel inj
    New sp plugs
    Aftermarket headers
    Cs exhaust

on 22,5k mile Modena

car runs the best since ownership 2 yrs ago.

Way up on power.
    Now tc kicks on in 1, 2, and 3rd gear roll

RANDY6005 likes this.
  2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Great upgrades like driving a completely different 360 I bet.. Your engine bay should be cooler deleting stock headers . Post a video so we can here it :)

3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Just got glowing cats both banks... suspect it’s these 4 mo old coils. Will report back if putting stock units back in is the fix.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Actual glowing cats or just the codes? I've been running the Slovenia ebay Bosch coils without an issue for a couple years. Did your come with the hologram on the box?

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    No codes, just flashing slow down...... got home, and both cats glowing.

Will swap in stock coils and see if I have a diff.

the fact both sides are glowing and I've got the intermittent slow down I'll see if I've got weak coils on both sides.

Other data -
    Slow down light is not on constant..... meaning temps are not extreme....
    Slow down light flashes when getting too hot.....

Heat gun shows 700-800 F @ the o2 sensor base.. and 500 on the outer cat shield.

Can only see the glow in dark with lights off.

I'll post up my results with putting the oem coils back on.

I also changed to rebuilt inj on my last service.... that is 2nd place to look.... perhaps these inj are not calibrated same as oem...

Under normal easy driving I get no slow down flash... only after a long 3rd gear and 4th gear pull to red line.....
    otherwise no issues...

6. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I changed out my coils with bargain basement units from Slovenia without an issue.

I had one pack go bad and replaced that single unit with one from a major supplier (marked from Slovenia) at a cost of $140 or so. The results were so positive that I replaced the remaining units with $60 Slovenian ones purchased from Mick's Garage in the UK. My car runs much smoother at idle and has higher power in the top end now. It's going on six months and maybe 500 miles or so without any issues. No codes, no red hot cats, all good.

I decided against the ebay route and paid a few extra bucks to use a known retailer. I doubt it makes a difference.

After I build my MAF tester, the next thing I'm after is a coil pack tester. So save your bad coils for me!

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    So swapped the slovenia coils to my old OEM coils.... car runs way better.... sounds better pulls better.
    No flashing slow down.

So I thought I had it solved.... but if I look at my cats in the dark - there is a red ring around the o2 bung on the.... it is still red hot.

I presume red hot visible red is too hot...... even though the cat ecu is not picking this up?

I'll move this discussion to another thread so as to not mess up the slovenian coils thread.

8. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    Apollo 11 likes this.
  9. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Just wanted to correct my post. I replaced the original 20 year old packs with new manufactured units from Slovenia. They looked and fit exactly like the originals and I'm confident they were manufactured by (or for) Bosch.