C8 CORVETTE | Page 9 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is a really good, honest review of its looks.

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    He’s very entertaining to say the least. Can’t disagree with his opinion.
    There’s a lot there for the $$.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow can't wait for your review. Its great that will all this mess going on something that we can celebrate about actually still happened.

I assume the dealer put on the high wing and side aero kit?

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    yup, dealer installed … I was one of the lucky ones that got the aero Carbon fiber package, before it was cancelled..The ground effects package looks 100 times better in person than in photos....
    Forgot the interior pics..3lt with suede...

Just drove it to the gas station and back, but I can't believe how tight and solid the car feels...
    Review to follow....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Lacquer, mikesufka, anunakki and 7 others like this.
  6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow you got the track seats. I really like the black side bolsters that only are available with those seats.

The 3LT looks the best because they extend the tan area under the glove box and steering wheel. It makes the interior less segmented.

I like the stitching on the air bag also which only the 3LT has

7. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    aero package looks great, and the high wing is growing on me.

How's the suede steering wheel feel? That would be one the items I would spec as well.

Edit: could you take a picture of the driver's footwell. Would like to see the pedals.

8. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    Strange request, but here you go...(love the suede steering wheel)….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

thecarreaper and vincent355 like this.
  9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Ha, may be. But i haven’t seen it in person, i was hoping for sporty pedals. Not sure why, but thought it would be nice attention to detail with little cost for chevy.

thanks for indulging me!

thecarreaper likes this.
  10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    That is a FINE interior !
    WOW !

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  12. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    Best looking C8 I've seen so far. Well done!

13. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Very exciting. Now get those 500 break in miles done so you can hammer down.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Gas prices cheap but no where to go! Maybe 250 miles out in any direction and then turn around! :)

15. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    Took it out for its maiden voyage today and it's still in break-in mode, but I drove it enough to give some initial impressions...
    First I'll get this disclaimer out of the way. Although I've owned Mclarens, Lambos and Ferrari's, this is my 8th Corvette.

The 3lt alcantara interior is probably as nice if not nicer than any exotic I've owned. The contrast stitching looks great and the roof panel has beautiful stitching on it. The carbon fiber on the instrument panel and other key locations are just enough to give it that exotic feel. The cockpit feel is a matter of personal preference and you either love it or hate it. I happen to love it. It's closer to the Huracan feel vs. the openness of the 488. The competition seats are definitely more snug than the comp seats on the C7, the side bolsters adjusts, but the seat bolsters do not. The bolsters are kind of high and you do have to lift yourself up to get out. You sit in the seat and it hugs your thighs. I'm 6' 160 lbs and find it comfortable even after driving for a while. But IMO if you weigh a few pounds more than that you probably should go with the GT2 seats..

I actually like the square steering wheel, it gives you a perfectly unobstructed view of the instruments.The rearview mirror camera takes some getting used to, as
    your eyes have to adjust from looking down the road to the closeup view of the camera. (I almost need reading glasses to see the camera, old age I guess). The HUD on my C7 drove me crazy because it was a little crooked, this was also a little off but it actually has an adjustment to level it out ! My phone found a home in the wireless charger which worked perfect. Little things make me happy. Overall I found the interior to be very comfortable and really can't find anything to complain about. Night and day difference to my Grand Sport.

The yellow calipers definitely have a greenish iridescent cast to them as opposed to the bright yellow on a Ferrari. But since there is no other color to clash with it, it works. They look good on the car but would probably only get them on a black, white or silver car. IMO the ground effects and high wing go together and look great..It ties the whole car together, assuming you want the more aggressive look. As I previously mentioned it looks much nicer in person and not at all like something that doesn't belong.

The car feels very solid and tight. Fit, finish and paint was excellent.The steering is very responsive, the gas pedal just sensitive enough and the shifting is amazing. The thing I like about the Ferrari is that when you sit in it, you feel like you are part of the car, this almost has that same feeling. You just look where you want to go and the car just takes you there. Wasn't too aggressive yet but it corners like a baby being held in it's mothers arms.. felt totally and completely secure..:) Honestly if I was just driving the car and didn't know what I was in, it would be a tough sale to convince me it wasn't an exotic..

My opinion of the driving characteristics might change once I can open it up, but as of right now I am floored with the car. In the few minutes I was at the gas station yesterday 3 people came up to me and asked if they can take pictures. Today I got a thumbs up from a Lambo. Nobody's seen it yet so I guess it's still a novelty.

The best part, coming home the car just raised up by itself as I pulled into my driveway. Little things make me happy...

Drson, k wright, boxerman and 7 others like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I saw your post in Vette forum. How did you get the car from Kerbeck? Shipped it? Courtesy delivery?

17. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Just took delivery. 3LT, Z51, Ceramic Matrix Grey, two-tone blue interior
    Only driven 35 miles- sweet mother. Can’t believe this thing. Might prefer it over anything else I’ve driven. The words “game changer” get thrown around a lot, not sure how this doesn’t actually do just that. Fully loaded at $81.5K???

Can’t really capture the color of the exterior or interior in pictures. In person, just beautiful.

New tidbit of info: Z51 comes with removable brake ducts for the rear.
    Second tidbit: competition seats are tight, comfortable, but really tight.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It seems now that any new production that hasn't already been started will be 2021 MY. Of course a lot depends on exactly when they start up again. My guess is June but no one knows.

There's also a rumor that because of the shutdown that Convertible models are moving farther out to help make up for the bulk of coupes already on order.

19. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    Plycar shipped it...I paid for shipping, but it was worth it buying from Kerbeck and not going through the stress and grief from all these stories I've heard...Absolute pleasure, got an early number on the list, spec'd the car the way I wanted, never had to call them. They followed up every step of the way. I don't mind paying for something that's worth it..

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Good to know. I'm getting my at Criswell but with everything going on, it might not be possible to pick it up and drive west.

21. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Picking up my car tomorrow afternoon about 2pm and then its a 5 1/2hr drive home, can't wait :)
    3LT, Z51, Arctic White with Dual Carbon Flash Racing Stripes and High Wing Spoiler, Black interior with red stitching and Carbon Fiber. MSRP of $91.6k
    I will post photos and thoughts after the drive home.

sainthoo, TheMayor and vincent355 like this.
  22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Lake Havasu? Phoenix?

23. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Donatella -

Beautiful car - love the white and the interior !!

MDS

24. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Redwood City, Boardwalk Chevrolet which is up near San Francisco and driving back home to Los Angeles.
    Just getting things ready now to head that way as I am driving my current 2015 3LT Z51Corvette up there as I am trading it in so lots of driving on tap for today, but the best drive will be the one coming home. :)

TheMayor likes this.