For Sale - 2003 Lamborghini Murciealago in Rosso Vik 6 speed manual | FerrariChat

For Sale 2003 Lamborghini Murciealago in Rosso Vik 6 speed manual

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by redhammer, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    Up for sale is my 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago with 6 speed manual transmission, a true 3 pedal car finished in very rare and desirable Rosso Vik color, black and tan interior with red stitching. Currently 16900 miles. Only selling because I'm in the market for a different lamborghini, hard to let go as it is really a very special car. Very solid, normal wear consistent with age and mileage, but it is not an abused car, never raced or driven hard. I purchased it in 2018, previous owner owned it for 12 years. Car had full service done at 15300 miles including: new clutch, throwout bearing, coils, spark plugs, auxiliary belt, A/C was serviced and recharged, new pressure sensor installed, new brake fluid, gear lube, pneumatic valve gasket, new fuel filter, oil filer and oil.
    Clutch was properly broken in for 500 miles and even after that car was really never driven hard.
    This is very rare spec and I have yet to see another manual rosso vik murcie, as far as I know only 4 were built but I could be wrong.
    Car is completely stock except for the tubi competition exhaust that gives the car a little better tone and its not too loud. No accidents and clean carfax, however front has been resprayed at some point due to rock chips and scratches, car has some rock chips and scratches and one larger scratch on the bottom of the front bumper, I will try and have that repaired in the next couple weeks, drivers side seat shows some wear rest is very clean. It would have been done by now but I had an intention of upgrading the look to lp670-4 SV.
    For that reason last March I purchased a used high end murcielago LP670 SV carbon fiber body kit, (please refer to the last picture) I had the kit painted rosso vik but never put it on the car. It is available to purchase for additional cost and not included in the cost of the car. The car will also come with brand new set of tires I purchased from Tire rack last year when they got a new batch in stock.
    Feel free to contact me for any questions but only if you are truly interested in buying it
    224-392-0011. I have plenty of pictures and videos I can email/text.
    Here is a video I made couple weeks ago, please set the setting to 1080HD for better quality picture, car has tan mats in the video but I just installed a set of new oem Black floor mats, look much better.

Asking $185k obo or trade for lp640 preferably in verde ithaca.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Price? Nice car.

redhammer likes this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Pricing is very fair and the car looks excellent. My compliments and best of luck with the sale

redhammer and Thecadster like this.
  4. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Where is the car located?

redhammer likes this.
  5. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    Sorry, the price is posted but got mixed in with the attachments. Asking $185k, located in Libertyville IL.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    beautiful car.

are you looking at moving to LP640 egear or stick? Just wondering why you are considering the move up? Seems like your car is pretty perfect...

rampante550 and redhammer like this.
  7. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    E-gear, I believe there in only one manual lp640 in green in the states and recently was listed for $699k. Egear is just as fun as manual, if not even more fun to drive which is what I'm looking for, all at 1/3 of the cost. LP640 has little more power and little higher pitched exhaust note and some really nice body and interior upgrades. But I agree all manual Murcielagos are special and better investment then egear cars.

psych0hans likes this.
  8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Wish I was in a position to scoop this up, I'd love a gated Murci!

Fun fact, there are 29 gated LP640s in America. Three are green; a Verde Ithica '08 coupe, a Verde Ithica '08 Roadster, and an '07 Verde Drago (greyish-green, was repainted to that color).

psych0hans and redhammer like this.
  9. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Very nice car and color!

Rosso Vik... is that color named after former Lambo dealer Vik Keuylian?

redhammer likes this.
  10. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Crazy how this car looked somewhat wild when it first came out, but looks like a future classic after a short period of time. Saw a blue non LP in Atlanta last year and struck me how balanced it feels with everything released since. Not disparaging newer or older models, but these might be the prettiest lambos aside from the Miura

11. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    I have to agree, the Murcielago is the last Lamborghini V12 lambo to have the Bizzarinni V12 masterpiece, and last v12 lambo available with 6 speed manual transmission, it is is a win win in every aspect. Its lower then hurracan , wider then aventador. Has incredible road presence and one of the best sounding road cars of all times.

12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    nice looking car !

how bad is the e-gear in these?

13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Yes

14. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    god I wish the timing was better I want this with the SV kit.

15. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
  16. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Boomhauer, Oz-ATL and redhammer like this.
  17. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    If you have such a car - its value couldn't go down no matter what you do with it, so why not?

18. FerrariSnowtrooper

Mar 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Bischoff
    Excellent knowledge on your lambos Nicholas. Is that from vinwiki or do you have a database of your own?

nicholasn likes this.
  19. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    That is from VinWiki. Fortunately/unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or time to start a database of my own, but since the founder of VinWiki is a huge Lambo enthusiast and has owned multiple manual LP640s, I trust that it is an accurate list.

20. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    The now closed Lamborghini Chicago had two gated Murciealago coupes at their store in the mid 2000's.

Grey/black & burgundy/creme. Saw 'em both in person.

IIRC

nicholasn likes this.
  21. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I saw an '04 gated Murci at a car show in Charlotte a few years back, not sure if it's still in the area though. It was a very similar spec to the one for sale in this thread.

'02 and '03 model year Murcielagos were all equipped with gated manuals. E-Gear became available for the '04 model year, and most Murcielagos from that point on had two pedals, though some cars were still ordered with with gated manuals for the next few years. The later (LP640) models are incredibly hard to find with manual transmissions.

redhammer likes this.
  22. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, an absolute dream. Good luck with the sale.

redhammer likes this.
  23. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I spent several hours driving a friends 04, with a 6spd manual. Shifts much better than a Diablo. The manual Murcielago is an underrated L car. Lots of fun.

GatedMurci, Bas and redhammer like this.
  24. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Early Murcis have really appreciated in the last 2 years, with fewier solid examples left around. GLWS

redhammer likes this.
  25. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I don't think so. At least in Europe the prices are going down in the last 2 years and the demand is almost zero (exactly the opposite of the Aventador market). Now obviously the prices will go even lower. I am in a serious search of a 02-03 Murci since almost a year, so I keep a close eye on the Murci market in Europe. But the US market is a different story, I guess.