430 - Paint Question | FerrariChat

430 Paint Question

Discussion in '360/430' started by 1949live, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    I have a 2007 F430 Spider that has a red exterior. It has red seats with black stripes. The remainder of the interior - carpet, tunnel, and door panels - are all black. The car has factory CF on the tunnel and dash. The question I have is regards to the door hinge space visible when one opens the door. As can be seen below, this space was painted black, which seems odd given the car's red exterior and the fact that the paint is peeling and that red paint is now showing below it. Is this black factory standard painting? If so, I am considering respraying it black to cover the peeling and would welcome and thoughts on this. Thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    This is was a known issue and the dealers were repainting them ... Not sure if they would honor it now ...

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A couple months ago I tested a couple Krylon blacks. Matt black and satin black. The satin black seemed to be the best match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks. I was thinking of using some of the Rustoleum sprays that have primer built in. Did you do any priming before painting?

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Nothing special, chipped away the loose paint chips since its in a rather inconspicuous place and sprayed.
    Used Krylon Fusion All-in-One Primer and Paint.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks much - will try that! :)