MR. FIAT parts | FerrariChat

MR. FIAT parts

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by cyama, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyama

cyama Rookie

Oct 18, 2011
    reno, NV
    Full Name:
    cary yamamoto
    Hi Guys,
    I'm on the hunt for front and rear glass for my 330 GTC. I have found them on ebay with MR. FIAT. Does anyone have experience with them and is the glass good quality? It seems they have other parts for these models as well.
    Thanks for your help!

Cary

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I have seen their eBay stuff, much of which seems over priced, but I have never bought from them. I suggest inquiring what manufacturer is supplying the glass.

lgs and cyama like this.
  3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Mr Fiat sells a lot of parts from European companies. As indicated above it is often cheaper to find the vendor and buy directly. Especially with the currently strong dollar.

Best regards Peter

cyama likes this.
  4. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Absolutely agree with statements above. Sometimes extremely overpriced if compared to original suppliers.

cyama likes this.
  5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Also, aside from the possibility of dealing with the manufacturer, it would ensure that one us not buying an inferior product.

cyama likes this.
  6. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Mr. Fiat is a good company that specializes in selling parts from vendors around the world. None of the stuff they have is NOS and not everything they have listed is in stock either. That said I have visited their operations and they are a real company with a large warehouse and inventory. My dealings have all been positive and it is up to you to decide if you like their pricing or not.

rbsloan11, pshoejberg, enio45 and 2 others like this.
  7. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I’ve bought rubber parts for my GTC from Mr Fiat and they worked out fine. I’ve also bought from reoriginals (NOS carpet pieces and some other bit parts) and had good luck there too. I believe they also had the GTC glass. I believe Shaughnessy has some made too - but i don’t recall where I heard that.

cyama likes this.
  8. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    Don't forget The rear glass should have defroster heating elements embedded in it. I have seen early cars with a wide clearly visible horizontal heating element . I have a late car with the original glass and it has a multitude of very very small wires, they are hardly perceptible without close examination.

I too have used Mr fiat for a few small rubber pieces, they were fairly priced and delivered as promised. They have a lot of items for the GTC and it might make sense to use them for one stop shopping.

cyama likes this.
  9. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    With Mr. Fiat, be sure to call before placing orders. I've bought parts, waited a week or two, only to find the part isn't in stock after all that time and will take several more weeks to arrive.

Otherwise, the parts I've gotten have generally been fine.

cyama likes this.
  10. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Mr Fiat gets their Ferrari rubber parts from a leading Italian supplier. This supplier has their web shop and all parts are readily available for immediate shipping (A good shop after Italian standard...-:)). I consider Mr Fiat as a good and serious company and I really like the way they present the parts, but it comes with small a possibly very fair fee.
    Best

Peter

cyama likes this.
  11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    call dustin or patrick at Motion Products. they also carry the same high quality italian rubber from italy.

cyama likes this.
  12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Appears to be like many other popular online (only) parts vendors (think RockAuto, etc) geared toward do-it-yourself/hobbyist consumers. While they seem to feature huge number of listings, the actual in-stock availability probably more limited.

Based on casual observations of numerous inaccurate or inconspicuous listing descriptions, staff probably not too knowledgeable of actual applications, so I wouldn’t expect much technical advise/assistance should any be required.

I’d imagine most professional mechanics or restorers shun away from these kinds of suppliers as many or most can probably purchase many of the same items from their trusted & knowledgeable suppliers for less.

cyama and turbo-joe like this.
  13. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I bought a new windscreen from Tom a few years ago for my GTC. Tom sells the right stuff.

cyama likes this.
  14. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    If you are in need of rubber parts, Cicognani is THE source.
    Most likeky shuttered now, and most likely to survive this ordeal...

Regards, Alberto

SCantera and cyama like this.
  15. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    i"ve had uniformly good service from them whether directly or eBay. steve

cyama likes this.
  16. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Most rubber being sold by various vendors for Italian automobiles is sourced from Cicognani. As noted, MPI offers Cicognani products and Mr. FIAT offerings also appear to be Cicognani. You can order directly from Cicognani, and my one experience was positive, responsive, good to deal with. Direct purchase can save some money, especially less VAT for the US, even with the shipping. Of course returning something means another larger shipping expense, and perhaps not worth returning small items overseas. Occasionally their applications and application numbers are mistaken and they do not necessarily have every odd piece. Study the photos where available. I think MPI has the advantage of experience to verify the right application numbers for Ferrari's.

cyama likes this.
  17. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #17 John Vardanian, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Cicognani have all the parts for sure and the quality is fine. Their people are helpful and friendly. They take paypal, so you simply fill up your cart and check out... no wire transfer BS. One complaint... when it comes to seals, anyway, their catalogue is not completely reliable. I don't think they fully know which part goes to which car. The windshield rubber I got was too long. I returned it and gave them the measurement and they sent me one that fit fine. Once again, the door seals they sent me were incorrect. To get the correct one I had to select a set from another model in their catalogue.

john

cyama and TTR like this.
  18. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    This is and has been common problem for decades with many generic, “direct-to-consumer” catalog/online mail-order suppliers whom may have never even seen, let alone worked or have direct access to those with extensive experience on cars they sell tons of parts for, be it JC Whitney, Mr. Fiat, RockAuto, etc.

I know several (non-Ferrari) vintage parts/supply manufacturers catering to both, numerous catalog vendors and professional shops (but no direct-to-consumer sales) who have numerous inaccuracies in their application references and on the products themselves, but whom continue to refuse acknowledge, let alone correct these inaccuracies I brought to their attention already decades ago and have quizzed about them periodically since.
    Instead, they claim there’s nothing wrong since they (allegedly) have never received complaints from anyone else besides me.
    For example, one manufacturer of replacement convertible tops with 50+ years of experience and products sold all over the world have 3 different (shape/size) listings for 60+ years old, 3 year span of applications which OEM car manufacturer had only 2 and listing information for all 3 is about 90% inaccurate, which can also be seen looking at the 9 out of 10 cars featuring such replacement tops. They’re sort of close and obviously “forced” by installers to make them sort of fit/work, but...

cyama and John Vardanian like this.
  19. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner

20. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    I have used Rock auto. The parts are good quality, but not always the correct part.

21. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I have used Mr Fist to restore many cars over the years. Always found them to be easy to deal with and negotiable with prices too..Rubber can be sourced at many different places, even GT Car Parts..But glass is tough, and MF has a good line on it. I purchased Espada glass and Ghia Glass from them. No issues. Check with Shaunessy for the glass too., He has everything.