488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 15 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I thought you would like this 2019 Ferrari 488 Pista for $699,800 on Autotrader.com
    View on website:
    http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/20906692

2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I thought you would like this 2019 Ferrari 488 Pista for $654,395 on Autotrader

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/20b9c6f7

3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

2020 no. But 5 2019 spiders. I posted 2 of them above.

4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Oh I would understand and not flame you or your instructor. I would love to know the issues in handling with the 488 on track. That would help me with my track day in it.
    I do miss my 991.2 gt3 for track events....It took very little dialing in to have it handling for Sebring and driving style. There was good info on Rennlist and from some track friends. I can not find anything on the 488 for any track set up or tips. Sad that no one tracks the car to learn it and be a better driver. I want to take my 488GTB for a track day to learn more about the car, but I am just scared the brakes will not hold up like my GT3 brakes did.

I didn’t buy my 488 based on how it does at the track, I bought it for it’s looks and to try out a Ferrari. Right now I’d still love a GT2RS or a .2 GT3RS...they are just such well built, well sorted, reliable and very fast sports cars.

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    This is the unit I have. PM and I can get you in touch with the owner for preferred pricing. Sadly, I have been on the shelf since November. I developed some carpal tunnel (too much time at the office computer) complication that’s prevented me from enjoying the sim.

https://www.simcraft.com/apex5-gts-professional-racing-simulator-real-motion-simulator/

Here is my full review previously on Fchat (the entire thread has useful information too). I could not be more pleased with the company or their products.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146847685/

LARRYH likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Dang- 75k. Won’t be able to skip that one past the wife. We were talking about building a new house and if we end up doing it- I’ll ping you for the info. For now- can’t swing that cheese. Need the cash.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I justified it by thinking about how much a dedicated race costs (up front, plus maintenance) combined with my time pressures (everyone has those). Then I broke it down and spread the cost out like this: 5 hours per week for 312 weeks. Then I compared it to cost per driving hour of my cars (OMG!!!) and quickly wrote the check.

You think the simulator is expensive, run the math on your 720S and Pista!!! Lol.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lol. Totally get it and I get the value in it. I’m just not in a position to drop 75k on a toy at this moment while our company is struggling with layoffs. But once we get through this episode- will re-evaluate.

tekaefixe, italiafan and Thecadster like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I get it. I’m not spending a dollar on anything right now. I am not expecting to “earn” any net money this year, and will look to avoid spending any also.

SoCal to az likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm sorry, but my OCD forces me to do this.

"TWO" obvious reasons? What's wrong with this picture. Bueller, Bueller?

Now that we have that squared away, I think you're quite wrong in your assumption. All and every GT4 owner Clubsport or normal, I've personally met, have been an exotic car owner, being it Ferrari or McLaren. The GT4 is hugely popular with track rats in the exotic car scene.

IloveGT, Shack and Thecadster like this.
  11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Long term, Speciales should be worth more than Pistas. Actually, I don’t think it will be very long before that’s true.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What about a Pista Spider?;)

dustman likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    yeah- this year is a wash. A total disaster.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    OK it's off topic in this thread, but I'm pretty sure the 488 would have awesome results with a good driver - even a bad one could have fun :) https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/post-your-best-lap-times.510170/page-10

15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    #366 Shack, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    The above is not quite right. Many dealerships are offer a "full track service" i.e. arrive and drive. Yes its more expensive but with mechanics, coach and full support all of the above points are not valid.

Once you have used a GT4, Challenge, STS or GT3 car on a track you will be a convert. In addition your skills and knowledge increase dramatically with coaches and full data and video analysis.

Thecadster likes this.
  16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I had no idea. Wow. And this doesn't count the Pistas NOT advertised by Ferrari dealers because they can't advertise a Pista until its 6 months old...so, the real number of cars for sales is much larger. The way around this from a sellers perspective is to sell to a non-Ferrari dealer.

ChipG likes this.
  17. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
  18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Plenty of people here said this wld be the likely circumstance....

Thecadster and ChipG like this.
  19. Yeah, Mclaren does this with the 570 GT4.

dustman likes this.
  20. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    how do you know? They list a VIN# for it

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That VIN doesn't come up, I looked. Most of the ads are just people fishing.

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #374 IloveGT, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    yes i attest to that. GT4 for 100k is best bang for the bucks both on track and on streets. I just hated the fixed wing on mine though.

overall, I think there is no point to bash either GT2 or Pista on track performance. At our age with our backs, they just became either a bragging rights or point of dubious argument about which one is better, because I bet most of the user here wont be able to exploit the true potential of either car like the professional drivers do for living. I like Pista look, I would just buy it for the look, lol, if I weren't planning for a SA.

Heck, you know there are tons of modified miata on the track or just go buy a mono, and be done with it.

Thecadster likes this.
  23. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Ummm I think you have the wrong poster.

1. I don't have a GT2RS
    2. I love my pista (spider) and to my knowledge have never said anything negative about it to anyone - including on this forum. Correct me if you disagree.
    3. My comments were in fact defending the pista's lap time. i.e. I made the point that whilst the GT2RS was faster on the test done with customer cars, it was only marginal and that GT2RS was Manthey tuned and on CUP R's.
    4. The specific quote you responded to was my response to some pista pricing in Australia. My point was that whilst it's the cheapest we've seen, it was still advertised for $41k over list. Obviously in the current climate all cars have become hard to sell.

I choose to buy a pista, not a GT2RS. I do not regret my decision. Having said that, I massively respect Porsche and the the GT2RS.

Shack likes this.