My new C8 Corvette is finally home :) | FerrariChat

My new C8 Corvette is finally home :)

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Apr 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Picked up my new C8 today. Drove 372 miles one way to Redwood City/Boardwalk Chevrolet.
    The manager and his wife opened the place just for us as they are otherwise shut down and made every accommodation to handle social distancing and sanitation. I cannot say enough good things about them and how they took care of my wife and I today. Drove the car back 372 miles to home for its maiden voyage so did not quite get out of the 500 mile break in mode yet.
    My quick review:
    The 3lt leather and carbon fiber interior is very nice with incredible attention to detail that has never been present in Corvette/Chevy before. The contrast stitching looks great as well as the roof panel that has beautiful stitching on it and the carbon fiber on the instrument panel and other key locations are just well done period. The cockpit is all driver focused and doesn't give a damn about the passenger which I think is great.
    I got the G2 seats and they are the right combination of daily driver/weekend racing seats in my opinion.
    I really like the square steering wheel surprisingly, it gives a perfect unobstructed view of the instruments and I love the rear view mirror camera, such a smart addition to the car.
    The car feels solid and tight with great fit and finish and the paint is excellent.
    The steering is very responsive almost go kart like and the shifting is amazing.
    My hats off to GM, they could have had so many things go wrong with this radical change and they simply hit it out of the freaking park.
    Can't wait to get it out break in mode and really push it. :)
    Here are few phone pics my wife took as I was taking delivery and doing the paperwork.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MK1044, anunakki, jm2 and 12 others like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Love the spec! Those stripes are great!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hell ya! Congrats.

4. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Wow that’s awesome! Congrats

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Great spec!

6. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    So my wife was unhappy that I posted the quick pics from the dealership as they were not up to her standards lol.
    So I gave the car her first bath to get rid of the hundreds of bugs I murdered on the way home last night and let my wife have at it.
    Since there is a limit of 10 pics to a post I tried to give more interior ones here are the better pics with more detail, enjoy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MK1044, of2worlds, jm2 and 5 others like this.
  7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Nice pictures and beautiful car!

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Monday, early, working on coffee...

I read that the first time that your wife was unhappy so you gave her a bath to take better pics of her....

I am still working 12 hours shifts...

Great pics of the car.

I do hope your wife has a sense of humor and does not murder me. :)

19633500GT likes this.
  9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Just amazing, beautiful, NA engine with all the performance one could reasonably ask for (waiting on the all-important handling characteristics).
    The right car for the times!
    Enjoy in good health.

10. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Congratulations, beautiful car!

11. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Congratulations.
    Love the color combo.

12. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Great looking C8 ! Can't wait until my order goes in, but bet it will be pushed to a 2021 model.

13. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Congrats Jeff! Now I am wondering which cars I need to trade in to get one while still keeping the 348. The wife doesn't need her car, does she?!

14. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Congratulations on a beautiful car. I love corvettes and currently have a 19ZO6. Can’t wait for the C8Z