Speedo and odo stopped while driving | FerrariChat

Speedo and odo stopped while driving

Discussion in '308/328' started by st@ven, Apr 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #1 st@ven, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    With the 328 currently OOO due to an ignition issue i took the QV for a nice spin today.
    However, it seems that i'm in an unlucky phase with the cars..

While driving at some point both the speedometer and the odometrer stopped their work.
    Oddly, the speedo started reading around 180km/h The odo just stopped counting.

Now, If I stop the engine, the speedo needle drop back to its normal "zero"position but as soon as I ignite the engine, even before actual starting the engine, the needles goes back to appox 180km/h again.

Any thoughts?

I found an old thread with some advise from Steve Magnussen which i will follow up but the fact that it reads 180 seems very strange.

Easiest trouble shooting job is probably to swop the sender with the one from the 328 but i was just wondering if anybody had a similar experience.

2. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    In general terms it's likely a ground or connection somewhere, specifically I can't say. Good Luck!

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    On the 3.2 mondial they have a multi pin plug mounted in the front part of the rear wheel well behind the liner that needs looking at occasionally, rough roads and the tacho stops working. May not be the same !!

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Sounds, as noted, like a connection/ground issue. Break/clean/remake the relevant connections and I suspect all will be well!

5. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    must have been a connection issue. Next day all worked well again without any work from me.
    I Will have a look at the connector to see if it was/is dirty or wet or whatever.