Is your dealer open/operating during COVID-19 | FerrariChat

Is your dealer open/operating during COVID-19

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Nuvolari, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    With the factory closed I'm trying to understand how Ferrari dealers around the world are handling it. I see here some people taking delivery of cars while others are waiting for cars to ship from the factory. If you know what the current status of your dealer is (regardless of where in the world it is) please post it. Just post the name of a dealer what country / state it is in and what departments you know are operating. TIA

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Most dealers I've seen operate as such:
    • Service department is classified as essential, so is allowed to remain operational
    • Sales department is not allowed to work at the dealership. Instead, they try to do the sales cycles remotely, and will bring a car to the prospect's home for inspection/test drive if appropriate.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    the dealer says the sales department will be open to those who work in the essential sectors.

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Open by appointment

6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Here in San Diego, looks like service is open and sales is responding to questions:

COVID-19 Message

To Our Valued Clients,

We hope this finds you doing well. During uncertain times, we want you to know that Ferrari of San Diego is still here for your needs. Service is still open 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. For any sales-related questions, please give us a call at 858-456-4600 from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM or email us at [email protected].

We are continuing to offer free service pick-up and delivery within 100 miles. In addition, we always use appropriate social distancing and include a full wipe-down and sanitation of your vehicle along with your complimentary wash. For any purchased vehicle, we can deliver nationwide, and will deliver it free within 100 miles.

We continue to follow the latest guidelines set forth by federal and local health authorities, and are practicing social distancing, frequent hand washing, and enhanced sanitization measures throughout the day in order to maintain the safety of our team and our clients. We look forward to continuing to serve you with confidence, and appreciate your support while we look to ourselves, our neighbors, and our greater community to support each other beyond this challenging time.

Sincerely,

The Ferrari of San Diego Team

7. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    My local one is open but one I use in NY is completely closed(totally understandable).

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    open by appointment

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Thanks for the info guys. It appears as though most dealerships are half-open with cars still being delivered to customers albeit at a reduced rate.

10. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    No powder, plenty of bud....

LOL .... Just kidding folks :D

rob5819 likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My dealer is open. Everyone's there. We now shake elbows instead of hands, and I'm not allowed to hug the receptionists:(
    Self service at the bar as well. Hm, maybe that's just me feeling too much at home:p

12. Mark Logan

Mark Logan Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2020
    Southlake, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Logan
    Here in Dallas, Boardwalk Ferrari is open, by appointment only, for sales, parts and service. Pick up and delivery services operating as usual.

13. JMI

JMI Rookie

Jun 14, 2019
    France
    Full Name:
    JMG
    In France everything is closed

14. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Dunno yet. I intend to drop by on Tuesday to talk about my ordered but heaven-knows-how-much-delayed Portofino and a CaliT to fill in the interim. Will let everyone know once i have been. Went to the Porsche dealer two weeks ago to get my windscreen repaired and they were working normally. of course with social distancing and hand wipes etc but otherwise the technical and sales guys were all there and working.

15. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Anyone know how new and second hand sales are holding up? Is anyone buying second hand Ferraris or ordering new ones at present?

16. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
  17. 246dreamer

246dreamer Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Riverton New Zealand
    Full Name:
    David
    No car dealers in New Zealand are open at all. Some are able to sell cars to essential workers only, but with contactless delivery and, obviously, no test drives. essential workers can get var repairs done by appointment at some dealers and service centres but Joe Public will have to wait until after the lockdown finishes.

18. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    Ft.Lauderdale fla. service is open,sales skeleton crew.

19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Central Florida open.
    They are insisting on pickup and delivery for service. Usually you ask.

Test drives and sales people will come to you.

As others have done, I’m doing all of my maintenance and elective work now to funnel
    Funds to them and even considering switching some cars around.

I’d like them to be around for the long haul.

I’m staying away from the show room as I’m a bigger risk to them then they are to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ferrari of Denver by appointment only.

21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just had the annual yesterday. Service was filled as usual. Showroom door was locked and they asked if I had an appointment. Another $5600 lighter to start the driving season.

There was a sweet 488 Challenge car there for sale. Still looked like a small engine by comparison though.

22. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Same in the UK. Scary to hear how near normal things are in the US.

23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    UK totally closed sales staff not even working remotely as far as I can tell, this is probably to stop anyone from trying to cancel an order

24. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'd say we are very very very far from 'normal' here in the US. While some Ferrari dealers may be operating on reduced schedules or 'appointment only', the vehicle sales in most dealerships around the country (all marques) is catastrophic. Individuals simply are not making purchases of durable goods and vehicles. Service operations may be open, but with social distancing and limited parts availability, I suspect most are just happy to keep their heads above the water. There's zero clarity on the timetable for our national emergence from this lock-down, and even less clarity on the length/severity of economic impact.

In terms of high end/exotics, many (most?) owners are entrepreneurs or small business owners themselves. Unless they produce hand sanitizer, toilet paper, or are on the vanguard of antiviral drug research, they're likely all tightening their wallets due to current business slowdowns or the uncertainty of what lies ahead.

I too easily fall into the trap of seeing our stock market strongly bounce back from its lows, and falsely believe 'oh, this is almost all over and we'll be back to the party in an instant'. It's just not like that -- the numbers of Americans who have lost jobs, or are on the cusp of losing their jobs is unprecedented. The ripple effect throughout our economy -- and yes, even in the showrooms of Ferrari dealers -- will be felt for quite some time. It is (IMHO) very far from 'normal'. There have been times, several times in fact, when Ferrari dealerships struggled to sell new cars and struggled (and failed) to keep their doors open.

(Note: I really hope to read this post in 30 days and say to myself "wow... I was totally wrong; pass the champagne!". Being 'wrong' on this perspective would be fantastic.)

rob5819, Nuvolari and Thecadster like this.