488 Pista | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RichardAZ, Feb 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I struggle to believe these stories of $100K profit on Pista...
    People rapporting them say they keep their Pista because they're so proud of owning such a valuable asset, and they keep on talking of knowing someone who knows someone...
    There is not so much information available or easy to check.
    There are rumors of huge profits on Speciale to support the fairy tales of the Pista, but there checks are easier - people having made money on Speciale are the early flippers who benefited from the 2015 bubble, today a Speciale commands 10 to 20K over MSRP (best case and provided it's been only marginally driven), still not bad for 4 years old cars but laughable as a ROI. And the Speciale had very reasonable list price compared to Pista.
    I'm talking about Europe, in spite of globalisation some markets could be different.

theplanner likes this.
  2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Amazing how much Pista hate is found on these threads....the sour puss attitude of "I didn't get an allocation that I REALLY didn't want one anyway" crap is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

3. martisracing

martisracing Karting

Nov 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I have just sold my Speciale to the UK dealer I have ordered my Pista with. The sum I received more than paid for a really high spec Pista with nearly £10k left over as a profit for me. Not bad for 4 years ownership.

4. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    I can confirm 1 deal for allocation for 70k and another 100k deal. These deals do exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Interesting, so Ferrari did not get rid of flippers, apparently.
    I can understand the motivation of the sellers but far less the motivation of the buyers.

6. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I can report a LHD Pista with decent spec going for £420k plus taxes

7. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Buyer motivation is simple: Own and drive a brilliant car now instead of foolishly waiting for a future which may not happen! :D:cool:

8. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    How do they get rid of the flipper when the deed is already done. Ferrari dealerships can add all kinds of clauses in the sales contract but end of day they hv very little to no recourse once the car is sold. Yes the can blacklist the buyer for future cars..

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Another way is to make sure the people really interested get a car at MSRP - that way there is no market for flippers.

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    New Top Gear vid with 'old' material combined. Still good - Chris Harris - nuff said. ;)

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Chris Harris speaks truth - great vid (not new)

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Chris Harris speaks the truth. He’s a terrific presenter.

BJK likes this.
  13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    No b.s. I love what he says about the nonsense of the horsepower wars at about 3:00 min. Enough already. How does the car feel? Is it FUN to drive?

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    FUN!? What’s that? I only want to spend $300k to tell my friends I own a car that road & track tested at 2.5 seconds to 60 mph.

15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    That profit just isn't in it these days better to cancel if you don't want it, people should all just buy what they want to keep

16. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I would prefer a Pista over the F8. FLF called with a new 2020 they for who did work for the buyer. 53 miles at MSRP. It was yellow with black strips. I don’t feel that color, but Hope more new ones pop up....good time to buy and they are being offered to all.