SuperAmerica Registry? | FerrariChat

SuperAmerica Registry?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ExcelsiorZ, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Wondering if, and where, a Ferrari SuperAmerica registry might be found, particularly the 575 SuperAmerica? Curious to know about the models produced, what colors were produced in what numbers, etc. Thanks!

2. Homeboz

Homeboz Karting

Jan 20, 2017
    I was just wondering the same. There are so few of these you would think someone might have obtained/created such a registry/database. Ferrari certainly has one, but I wonder if they make that information public or provide upon request. I think all we need are the VINs of each 575SA produced. Then you can simply decode each VIN. What would be cool to know are the MSRPs for each car. That might take some sleuthing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ExcelsiorZ likes this.
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #3 greyboxer, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Here is what I have on the Superamerica. Never my intention to create a registry, but to track upgrades and changes. Personally do not care about paint color or options except for HGTC and FHP. FHP was still available on the Superamerica, but rarely ordered. The attached engine summary from the Superamerica WSM is the kind of stuff that interests me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

F456M likes this.
  5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Interesting, Taz. How can the torque be identical, to a decimal point, at identical rpm, when the power has increased and there are tweaks to the engine? Sounds like the torque should also be higher.

Which is the "best" 133 engine in your view, the SA or 612? Presumably the SA has more top end?

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- Answer is it cannot, but they really did not care that much. The Superamerica engine is a Type F133G (later than the 612 engine) and the early 612s are Type F133F (F133H on later models) and were first produced in 2003. The main difference is manifolding and Motronics since the cams, heads,etc on the 575M (F133E) and 612 (F133F) are identical. The Superamerica engine has been hot-rodded from the 575M engine, so that would probably be my choice. Both 612 and Superamerica are quoted at 540 hp, also likely not true, and all three have the same torque number. Later 575Ms with straight center pipes and updated Motronic ECUs also had more hp (undocumented) than the early models with the cork in the middle.

I know what they did to the Superamerica engine, but do not really know on the F133F and F133H engines. Late in 575M production, they started making the blocks the same for the 575 and 612, with bosses for both variable intake tracts. Obviously some differences in 7.1.1 ECU tuning, and that is where part of the 612 extra power originated. The 612s went to Motronic 7.3.2 fairly early in production (CY 2006), as did the 599.

7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I see. That all makes sense and interesting to know. After what assembly number did the 575 change centre pipes/ECU?

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- The center pipes were changed at AN 51797, the ECUs at a later date. All spelled out in this attachment:

Attached Files: