F430 Audio Upgrade | FerrariChat

F430 Audio Upgrade

Discussion in '360/430' started by ditpixs, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hi Friends...

I wanted to share a recent project I took on during my "shelter at home" boredom. Since purchasing my 2007 F430 back in September, I have tried to convince myself to leave the stereo system stock, but given the newfound free time and constant reminder of how bad the stock "upgraded" system is, I gave in.

My goal was to do this on my own, as I have installed custom systems in other vehicles, including my 08 Lotus Elise. One of the things that really made that system sing was choosing components custom made for the vehicle. This pushed me to search for a similar solution for the 430 - leading me to Mike @ Scuderia Audio. (and to get it out of the way, I am posting this based on my experience - I paid full price and am posting this on my own accord).

When I emailed, Mike sent me a detailed email of options which I found interesting. A few days later, it turned out he was heading my direction (I live about 60 miles from him) so he offered to swing by and demo the system. Needless to say, I purchased his custom amp solution, drop in sub upgrade drivers and Focal components on the spot. What won me over was the custom amp, which goes in the same cradle as the factory booster and gives 400W of output vs the 60W of the booster - while still using the same crazy plug the factory unit has. No wiring or cutting required and still a factory look.

Over the next week, I spent evenings pulling the doors apart to install the new Focals with his custom adapter rings and putting the new drivers into the factory box. This also included a few texts/calls to Mike when I had questions.

Once all set up, it was amazing to hear the difference - from the stock headunit. Like night and day!

But it didn't stop here - I then realized there was only so much the factory sub box could do. Mike made a personal visit to loan me one of his custom 8" sub boxes covered in factory leather. Which then led to a new headunit. And the rest of the story is history.

(Best part is, it is very easy to put everything back to stock!)

What drove me to share this was the amazing service Mike provided. Not only did he deliver multiple items to my home, he also let me pick up some final items at his house and even "supervised" my install of the finished sub box. I'm new to the Ferrari community and he has become a friend.

If anyone in Nor Cal wants to listen, I am happy to meet up when we get let out of the house again!

Stay safe and healthy!
    Aaron

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Fenz likes this.
  2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have seen similar outcomes on this forum using Scuderia Audio. Glad all worked out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ditpixs likes this.