Need 1500 sheets of plexiglass right away! | FerrariChat

Need 1500 sheets of plexiglass right away!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BT, Apr 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Good morning. A good friend of mine in Missouri has a special project related to the Covid, and needs to locate 1500 sheets of 1/4" thick plexiglass in short order. If you or anyone you know is in the business, please text me and I will get you in touch with the buyer. 770-Eight42-For856.

2. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    AC Plastics Inc. delivers. https://www.acplasticsinc.com/informationcenter/r/lexan-vs-acrylic

Plexiglass is Acrylic which is prone to cracking where holes are drilled. Lexan by GE Plastics is Polycarbonite, unlike Plexi, doesn't shatter. Lexan is the choice material for covering windows before a hurricane. If you can't afford Lexan you're better off covering your windows with plywood than plexiglass.

The cheaper Spalding NBA Backboards sold for residential use, are Acrylic, and known to shatter if a basketball hits it hard enough times. The pro Spalding boards are Polycarbonite.

3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    And polycarb is way more expensive...

I am looking for some thick polycarbonate to use for ballistic glass, so watching thread...