458 - Dealer is installing a Capristo exhaust controller with remote | FerrariChat

458 Dealer is installing a Capristo exhaust controller with remote

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueFerrari458, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    Super excited to get a friend installed one on his 458 spider and it was simply transformational in appreciating the sound.... I had to do it.... also found a great company to deal with sticky buttons called stickynomore.com .... using Covid downtime to prep my car...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

LMH likes this.
  2. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    The question is. Who's work is better Sticknomore or StickRX?

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The 458 comes with a valve controller on the steering wheel...

StickyRX - not even a contest.

Ray

338Lapua and Graz like this.
  4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You'll like your Capristo. Mine was installed by a Dealer approx. a yr ago.

BlueFerrari458 likes this.
  5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Capristo makes a nice exhaust. Is the OP talking about the exhaust or just the controller box?

Ray

BlueFerrari458 likes this.
  6. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Did you do high flow cats yet? Or just Exhaust?

I have the exhaust on mine (still with stock cats/headers) and the controller. Sounds awesome. I'm also a dealer for Capristo so if you have any questions about it, just ask. I'm trying to upload some videos soon and will add in here.

7. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    I don’t know I just took the recommendation as it was better than replacing... I will let you know how good the job is

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    Not sure where it will be I will ask... I thought it was on a remote but frankly I did not take time to ask but will thank you as far as which sticky company is best... frankly I do not work on the cars ... I drive them and trust the service guys to know that but I am happy to share if it meets my personal exacting standards which I will share .... sticky buttons is not something I deal with so many times that I have cultivated many options

9. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    Thank you let’s see always have more upgrades in mind maybe the cats/ headers and exhaust are next... the needle is in my arm

10. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    So are you installing a Capristo exhaust system or just their controller to open the factory exhaust valves? That's the question I was asking before. From the factory, the 458 has a valve controller built in pretty much - when you switch from sport mode to race (or above) modes. So I was curious if you are adding a controller module to the car or also adding an exhaust.

The sticky button issue has been covered many times before, good luck.

Ray

11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Not sure about StickyNoMore but if you want perfection StickyRx is the one.

docf and RayJohns like this.
  12. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    Sorry just the controller to the OEM system

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    That doesn't really make much sense to me. If you put the car into sport mode, it will keep the exhaust valves quiet until you step on it. If you put it in race mode, then it will open them up, thus allowing the exhaust to be loud basically all the time.

If the car already does this from the factory, what's the point of removing it and then installing your own controller that operates from a key chain fob, instead of the nicely engineered switch right on the steering wheel?

Are you sure you have completely thought this upgrade through? :)

Ray

14. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I don't know about the needle, but you are definitely drinking the Kool-aid.

Be careful installing headers and free flow cats and also an after market exhaust. I did all that on my 360 and it made the car obnoxiously loud. The 458 comes from the factory sounding pretty good. Unless you just want all your neighbors to hate you, I'd be careful going too crazy.

The best part of my 458 was coming home and flipping the car into sport mode and having it purr like a kitten - a quiet kitten.

Ray

peteficarra likes this.
  15. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Yep. The Capristo exhaust is nice but the ONLY way to get that higher pitched F1 sound it to replace the factory cats with high flow cats, or cat delete pipes. The only issue I have with the delete pipes is they give fumes and you can smell them is there is a breeze when windows are down. The high flow cats are the best of both worlds as you get that awesome high pitch tuned sound, without any smell, etc.

16. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Had an excellent experience with StickyRX on my old 599.

RayJohns likes this.
  17. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    For some odd reason, this thread sort of reminds me of that book by Marilyn Manson: The long hard road out of hell.

There's a funny chapter in the book, where he talks about teaching people not to make a lot of assumptions without checking things out first hand for yourself. To reinforce that lesson, during one of his concerts, he tosses a bunch of bags out into the audience. Half the bags are full of chocolate chip cookies, the other have are full of died up dog turds. He said the people who picked up the bags with dog poo just assumed it was a yummy treat - and started eating it - merely because they saw the people around them enjoying the bags full of cookies.

My girlfriend always asks me why my car projects take so long. I always tell her, "because it's better to spend 95% of your time researching things and only 5% buying parts - not the other way around".

Anyway, excellent read if you are bored during this Covid-19 lock down.

I hope things work out for BlueFerrari458, but so far I'm highly alarmed by this thread :)

Ray

Image Unavailable, Please Login