Just joined the club. A few questions and any pictures?? | FerrariChat

Just joined the club. A few questions and any pictures??

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RazAtx, Apr 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Hi all,

Just pulled the trigger on the car below
    https://lupomotors.com/listings/new-inventory-2013-ferrari-458-spider-loaded-with-carbon/

Have always wanted an understated color and was between argento nurburgring or the grigio tones with yellow contrast (calibers, stitching). Car has tons of carbon and I can't be more excited to get it...its on a truck being delivered to me in Texas.

Few questions
    1. What is the best bluetooth module in your experience?
    2. Has ceramic paint protection and clear bra on front bumper a d side skirt...should I get whole body wrapped or is it not necessary
    3. My neighbor swears by the Forza valve controller...do you all agree?

Lastly....any pictures of others who have similar color....would love to admire those while I wait for mine.

Thanks
    Raza

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Beautiful car, congrats and welcome.

Is the controller really needed when the valves can be controlled via sports mode vs. race mode? I'd suggest reading the manual and driving the car for 6 months before making a lot of modifications on a car you really aren't familiar with yet.

Wrapping the whole body is over kill.

Someone just mentioned an interesting bluetooth module in a recent thread. Check the recent threads and you might be able to find it.

Ray

3. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

Here’s what you want for Bluetooth, the Bovee around $100 I think. Capristo remote is attached to my key to control the valves. And I agree wrapping a whole car is overkill.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

bball16 likes this.
  4. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Hello from Texas! I did a full body PPF, but I also enjoy washing my own car and it has seen COTA a few times. (Installation matters. My installation is so/so, you'll get what you pay for) I drove it for six months without the Capristo module, then got it and realized I'd wasted six months, the stock valves at 65mph are insanely annoying. I bought some bluetooth module from Amazon and it didn't work. It doesn't matter, I never drive this car to listen to music, but I the bluetooth phone works well for that random business call while you are trying to enjoy a backroad.

5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
  6. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If you have self healing ppf on part of the car and you don't mind spending the extra get it on the whole car if you want to have a consistent finish otherwise you end up with swirl marks on the painted areas and the ppf areas have no swirls.

The only Bluetooth controller that works is the one the other users posted in his picture, works much better on late models I. E. 2015 then earlier models as they much have change it inside, my 2015 works with android as well as iPhone, my 2014 did not work well with either.

Defo drive the car for a few months or a year before installing the valve as it totally transforms the experience all over again, only my most recent 458 I have not put it on as in race and over 3k revs the valve is open anyway, but best to drive in race and higher revs once you are used to the car, don't just put it in race and jam your foot down or you can get in trouble quite quickly.

Congratulations on the car you are going to have great times I'm sure

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Beautiful, congratulations

8. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Bovee works ok, but not perfect, I do recommend since it is cheap.
    As far as the valve controller goes, the valves do open up sooner and easier in race mode, but the biggest difference is when taking it easy. If you drive calmly and slowly accelerate, and decelerate, the stock valves will immediately close upon deceleration, and muffle the sound (or may never even open if too light on throttle). If you have the valves open, you can drive it calmly and still get the excitement, plus the valves won't close upon deceleration, so you get the exciting pops and burbles. I highly recommend if you want to enjoy the Ferrari sound without having to drive it hard to hear it.
    It just makes the car more exciting to drive around town. The best part, is that you can select stock mode if you just want to take a long ride on the highway, with music, etc. Or if you are just cruising and having a conversation with passenger, or on the phone, etc.

9. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I did notice a bit less performance with valves set to just be open all the time and the sound is different, seems to be a bit less high pitched, I may just be imaging this so if others can also comment on this will be good to get opinions

10. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Thanks everyone

11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Beautiful car. Pushes all the buttons and checks all the boxes. Very classy build. I have the Bovee module for music streaming as mentioned by others. As far as exterior protection, xpel or similar on entire front end, door sills and mirrors a must imho. I also have the Capristo remote. I must admit the hardly use it. The intrinsic sound of the car is satisfying enough for me. Enjoy your car. Drive it very often and in good health. Congratulations!

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Beautiful car. Congrats. Loved my AN Ferrari. Understated and shows the curves.

Bluetooth- I got mine from amazon for 65 or so. Key is bidirectional receiver/broadcast for me so phone and player can work.

I think paint correction and full wrap is overkill but I would do it. Or paint correction and ceramic at least.

More pictures. Drive it well.

ScottS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My experience and opinion:
    Yes to a full PPF wrap. I worry about the possibility of a chip on the side almost as much as a chip on the front end. If it saves just one chip, it paid for itself.
    Yes to an exhaust valve controller on 458 - droning does become annoying (which doesn't drone at any rpm)

14. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Absolutely, 100% get the entire car clear coated. You will not regret it. Anyone disagree have then put their car next to my car. My car looks clean all of the time and, the best part, zero swirl marks. No hard water marks. You will not think twice about driving it in the rain. Car looks good in direct sunlight.

15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    By 100% coated do you mean full ppf? That's what I have and would recommend, I had a 458 with a chip on the rear deck lid, it seems the car funnels air so well if a little stone is picked up at high speed in the air channeled to the intake you can get a chip there, who would have thought a stone chip there

16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Yes that is what I meant a full ppf. For stone chips sure, but really for no swirl marks, no water marks, always looks clean, easy to wash, peace of mind to drive in the rain.

I would also say top off the ppf with a ceramic coat. not 100% necessary but real close.

PTG1 likes this.
  17. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    STUNNING!! My sincere congrats on a damn beautiful machine!

Jedi