Turn off daytime running lights | FerrariChat

Turn off daytime running lights

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Does anyone know how I turn off the daytime running lights on my GTC4 Lusso? Thank you in advance for the replies.

2. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    So to be more clear, I did review the owners manual and followed the instructions to go to “car settings” , “day lights” and select ON but I can find nothing that says “day lights” on the “car settings” page?

3. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Car settings as you said and day light running lights on. Toggle again for off.

4. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Thank you but I have nothing in the car settings that says ‘day light running lights’. It’s like they didn’t include it for some reason?

5. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I’ll check mine in the morning and post you the pics of what to look for

6. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    What kind of question don’t feed the troll...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Ffantastic thank you!
    Dubaicity I am not sure what you mean but for the life of me I cannot find what I need to turn off the daytime running lights. Just looking for some knowledge. Unsure why that warrants a comment like that ?

8. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    My Lusso is in hibernation whilst in lock down and i have to start it to access the menu so sorry i cannot help at this time, I did try but to no avail.

I believe they maybe called side lights or safety lights rather than daylight lights and I'm sure you can access them via car settings. I'd just scroll through the lot but you have to start the car to clear all the start up info.

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I just sat in my Lusso and tried all the menus and I cannot find any way to toggle the DRL. I wonder if it needs to be done via the dealer?

10. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    FFantastic and Caeruleus thank you for trying. I spoke with the dealer and they could not do it either with the 2 Lussos they had in stock. The service manager was going to call Ferrari and let me know. Thanks again and I will let you all know as soon as I know

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    otakki likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can you turn off daytime running lights in the USA? i dont think you can.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I think you’ll find on later cars in some markets they can longer be switched off as they are a mandatory requirement.

14. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why is it important to turn them off? It just makes you easier to see for other motorists. It doesn't hurt the car either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Boomhauer and Dubaicity like this.
  16. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I guess they can’t be turned off in the US then which is odd because in most cars, even new ones you can

17. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I turned them off in mine and in my others cars because I hate the way most of the actual cars (even cheap cars) show off with LEDs, just see the last Audi turn indicators...
    Makes me thinking at K2000!

18. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I have seen the setting in the menu to turn off FF's DRL as Bamsefar had posted. I left them on for safety reason. Moreover, they are LED's so they draw almost no power from the battery. If non-LED, I'll have to reconsider.