430 - Replacing Passenger Door Light Switch F430 | FerrariChat

430 Replacing Passenger Door Light Switch F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by F1fletch, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    Anyone done this? Drivers side works fine but passenger side doesn’t kick on the interior light switch...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Does the red light in the door edge come on as would thing its on same switch . Looks to be a simple change out from the drawings. Only £18 switch

3. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    No it doesn’t, I will get a new switch ;)

Thank you!

4. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    #4 F1fletch, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Or not.....they are no longer available;(

However, I did recheck and the red light does indeed come on but only the drivers door activates the interior dome light. Interesting...

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Pt no 179697 Pillar switch shown as available in eurospares uk @£18. I am glad u dont do my shopping as i would starve.

6. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    Good to know, thank you. Now I just have to figure out why the red light comes on, as you said I am not sure it is on the same switch.

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    When i close the door with me outside, the light goes out after 14 seconds on both doors, but if i open the door and then sit on the sill and press the switch in, nothing happens and the light stays on. Work that one out ? I also tried with me sitting in drivers seat ( bear in mind drivers seat on correct side here) but still stayed on.
    The door has a multi pin plug, i would be tempted to disconnect and spray with some contact cleaner in case its connected to door lock