328 locks | FerrariChat

328 locks

Discussion in '308/328' started by crixer, Apr 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crixer

crixer Rookie

Mar 27, 2010
    What kind of locks were used for the 328's interior storage box and outer triangle things (not sure what they are called). I am missing one and trying to source one that isn't outrageously priced. Will I be stuck paying the Ferrari tax for the locks?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    A locksmith or even Ace Hardware May have them though not from the original company source. The keys have a number on them and the locksmith can order them.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I think he is looking for the lock not the Key I got lot,s of keys including the folding Key but never seen a lock for sale.

4. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    have you got any part of the actual lock.

do you need the outer part of the cylinder
    or
    do you require the inner unit (tumbler section)
    or
    the complete unit, just so we can narrow it down a bit, as depending on which/all/some lock parts you require you will be able to mix and match from other car makes to obtain a complete working lock or a good locksmith

they are just basic cylinder/barrel locks which you will be able to obtain else where without asking for a Ferrari specific complete part with Tax added, if you can find one.
    good luck and let us know how your search goes

5. crixer

crixer Rookie

Mar 27, 2010
    I am missing the entire lock. Seems someone removed it and used a twisted piece of wire to keep the triangle shut over the gas cap. This car was a bit abused by previous owners. I am going to try and find one. I will need to have a lock smith cut all new keys for the doors and interior cubby as I only have an ignition key. I will post if I can figure out what kind of locks they are and source them from a cheaper vendor.

Milkshaker0007 likes this.