Four Post Lift | FerrariChat

Four Post Lift

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 328GTSinPA, Apr 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Peter Imbimbo of Car Lifts Plus, I now have a Backyard Buddy Four Post Lift. Works flawlessly and fits the 991 Turbo S in the lower berth and the 328 GTS in the upper berth just perfectly. All this in a garage with a ceiling height of only 9'4".

Peter and his team did the installation, testing and troubleshooting in under three hours. The lift was packaged beautifully with no mars, scratches or rust. Backyard Buddy was the ideal solution for the limited ceiling height. I had a Lift Master 8500W garage door opener installed prior to Peter's arrival. I can't say enough about Peter's professionalism and level of service. He is a great resource for all of us in NJ, NY and PA.

mcimino and cmlf1 like this.
  2. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
  3. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Enjoy the lift. I've had a Backyard Buddy sine 2006 and it has been great and a friend has had one even longer. I stalled mine myself with a friend's help in an afternoon.

4. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Thanks! I've only heard good things.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

How much room do you have above the 328 and between it and the porsche.

I have a situation in FL with no ability to gain any additional height in my garage, but have been thinking if I can squeeze both my Boxer and 308 in one side of the 2 car garage.

Thanks for any info you can share.

6. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    How tall is everyone’s ceilings?

7. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    My ceiling is 9'4".

We tested it with both my Porsche 991 Turbo S on top and my 328 on top. With the Porsche on top, we have maybe 4-5" ceiling clearance. (Tons of room with the 328 on top.). With the Porsche on the bottom, we have maybe 2-3" of clearance under the upper platform.

The Porsche is approximately 51" tall and the 328 approximately 45" tall. That gave us 96" of car height and we had 112" of ceiling height. The key is getting a jackshaft garage door opener to free up every available inch of height.

Additionally, you need to get lucky with the locking positions as it relates to their alignment in accommodating the ceiling height. The Backyard Buddy 7000 Classic just happened to work perfectly. Measure multiple areas of the garage height to ensure it can accommodate even the lowest point. YMMV with other brands/models. I recommend speaking with them and the installer you'll be using. Backyard Buddy's website is: www.steelvalleylifts.com

Good luck!!!

8. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    I am fortunate enough to have 11' ceilings and installed a lift clearance door prior to the lift going in. The lift can go to the highest position with a Corvette on the top so almost any car will go on the bottom. With 11' ceiling there is not enough height to put a SUV on the top and lift it to the highest position. Therefore, I end up being seated on a roller chair under the SUV when doing an oil change for example. I'd say that at least 14' would be needed in order to lift the SUV to highest position.

9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

David,

Thanks for the quick response. I will keep my fingers crossed and remeasure next trip down. Not very hopeful.

Dave

10. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Good luck, Dave!!

dwhite likes this.