Double decker towing?? | FerrariChat

Double decker towing??

Discussion in '308/328' started by Saabguy, Apr 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Hi all,

I am considering getting my enclosed trailer modified to be a double decker and wanted to know if anyone had any experience either getting this done or towing with it.

Lester

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    I have seen this done. It becomes a width problem and not so much a height problem depending on the lift mechanism......

3. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My buddy has a “stacker” trailer that I’ve been in a lot. It might be difficult to have yours modified because the frame and sides need to support the lift inside the trailer.
    If you are able to do it, don’t make it too tall, he wipes out the trees on my street when he brings it over. He does minor damage to the roof his trailer at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Well there is a company that will design and install the lift inside my enclosed trailer. It fits snugly against the walls so width should not be a problem. I am mildly concerned with moving the trailers Cg up several feet and wether or not two 3500 lb axles will be enough for a 328 and a Formula S spec racer.

Keep coming up with questions and info!

5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Is it already tall enough to fit one car on top of the other? Along with the thickness of the lift?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Saabguy likes this.
  6. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, 328 is low and Formula car is low as well.