Our New Portofino | FerrariChat

Our New Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by wrs, Dec 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I bought my wife the AMG GT C Roadster a year ago while we waited for a Portofino to be available. We didn't really want to order but rather to buy a 2020 after the ventilated seats were available so this one has them and has the neck blower too. It's a dealer spec and it's loaded, $295k. It has all the driver support features the AMG had like the distronic ACC, LKA and it has a better camera system with 360 degree view along with the front and back views.

So now we are a two Ferrari family.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats, I absolutely love the Portofino lines! Seriously nice spec.. congrats and enjoy!

Caeruleus11 and wrs like this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gorgeous. Now you have to be nice to the wife, so she'll let you drive it from time to time. Congrats. Wishing you lots of miles and smiles...T

wrs likes this.
  4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!!

wrs likes this.
  5. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    Congrats on your beautiful Fcar. Cheers.

wrs likes this.
  6. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Which of the three is more fun top down? Most comfortable? Most likely you grab the keys for?

the height and width of the 488 rear deck is really highlighted in your garage pic.

congrats on the beautiful new car.
    Can you post a couple pics of the new Portofino seats?

wrs likes this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I just did a back to back test on both cars this morning with the top down. The Portofino sounds great, it's got a higher pitch note than my 488 and the shift points are different, gear ratios not the same. I can certainly tell the difference in the two through the turns on 2222. I live a mile from some really good esses that are fun to drive through so I rate my cars in those turns. The Portofino handles well albeit not like the 488, the steering is light with a slight feeling of oversteer while the 488 is well centered. The 488 is much louder but with a lower note, however, I have the Tubi straight exhaust on it.

What I noticed about the Portofino is that it doesn't feel like you are going as fast as you are, it's very quick and the power comes on in a way that lets you know the car is fast. The AMG didn't feel as fast as it was which I didn't get but the Ferraris are definitely more fun to drive. I like the visibility in the Portofino, I think this is a great car for my wife and I certainly will enjoy it. It's definitely better than the Cali T HS was because it's more advanced and more refined. Here are some interior shots and the personalization plate. It has a carbon fiber front spoiler which means we have to be super careful when parking nose in.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ggbh8, TSOYBELIS, stavura and 9 others like this.
  8. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Very nice, congratulations. I envy your ability to have both a Porto and a 488 to play with...

Natkingcolebasket69 and wrs like this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well if things go like it did with the AMG, I won't put very many miles on the Portofino. The AMG had 7000 miles on it when we turned it in yesterday and I bet I was responsible for only about 200 of them. I didn't get too many opportunities to use it but I probably will try to use the Portofino more because I like it better than the AMG.

10. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome. Thank you.

wrs likes this.
  11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Bill , nice choice. I love the color combo. All the best and safe travels , Kirk.

wrs likes this.
  12. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #12 rocketman, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Beautiful car.....I specced my 488 in a similar color combo ( mine is Titanio ) ( strange how yours looks Titanio to me ).
    My only suggestion is to change the yellow wheel caps to carbon fiber.
    IMO it makes for a cleaner look with this color combo but can't go wrong either way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH, wrs and lucasines like this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I was considering that for my 812 which is going to be grigio titanio. I went downstairs at the dealer to look at the combo on a grigio titanio 812 with the ten spoke wheels. Maybe it was the light but they just didn't stand out and instead sort of blended into the background. I think though that the difference is that car had black calipers and yours has red. I can definitely see the black vs red there. It looks good. Maybe I will change it back on the 812 because I did the red calipers.

14. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    Gorgeous!!!!! Congrats

wrs likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Great spec and congratulations

wrs likes this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations X2!

wrs likes this.
  17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    beautiful porto, congrats. I cant see how anyone picks aston martin over this.

wrs likes this.
  18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks. The wife loves it.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    beauty!
    hope to see it around AUS...
    are you part of the local FCA?
    we had a nice event this past saturday

wrs likes this.
  20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    nice spec

wrs likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes but we had another appointment so we couldn't make it. We wanted to take both F cars but we will have to wait until the next event we can make. For sure Enzos birthday. Have you gotten the email on it yet? Wasn't he trying to determine the date?

22. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    nothing yet...

23. JeremyE30

JeremyE30 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Nice color combination.

wrs likes this.
  24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    PTG1 and Autolove like this.
  25. agricultoru

agricultoru Rookie

Apr 14, 2020
    Romania
    Hi, just wondering about the ACC. I'm considering to get a Portofino with the ADAS package, but I have no idea how the ACC works. Where are the controls for setting the speed/distance to the car in front? Are there any somewhere behind the steering wheel? Or do you always have to use your left hand with the switches on the left side of the wheel? And is the ACC reliable, does it unnecessarily brake sometimes? How does it handle curvy roads?

I never had a Ferrari, I come from a long history of BMWs and they always had the ACC controls on the steering wheel which is very convenient during long highway drives.