Intake box sticker/label | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Intake box sticker/label

Discussion in '308/328' started by Austin Newman, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I'm assuming factory correct means the lettering and finish of the script looks like it did OEM from the factory, probably just like yours.

BLACK HORSE likes this.
  2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Rob,

I can use the negative. My daughter is into silk screening and she can help me. She needs the negative (where the Ferrari is black)

3. ModenaInv

ModenaInv Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2014
    South West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I had one done by them years ago and the results were the same as it left the factory. Yours looks very nice as well!

4. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hi Rob, if you send me the file, I'll get a screen made up and share it around Down Under. I have a couple of patients that do silk screening that should be able to make one for me. And then make me another one after I bugger up the first one :D
    I'll send you a PM

5. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One thing that Rob and I discovered is that while the stencil itself is identical the position differs between the '83 and '85 models. The '85 lid has a drop down section at the aft end that doesn't exist on the '83 lid so the centering of the stencil is more forward. We ended up having to do mine twice to correct it.

6. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    What black paint did you use? I have the ebay stencil, but having read about the bleedthru, I haven't done it.
    I'd much rather go with the silkscreen. I've done some silk screening back in my earlier days.
    Rob, if you could pass along the files, I'd appreciate it.
    thanks.

Oh, and mine is an '83.

7. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Please PM me your email... I'll send you the files

8. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Everyone is asking me about what black paint I used to refinish my lid and air box... I used VHT High temp Black Wrinkle Aerosol SP201. It took me three attempts (complete strip downs and when through two cans) to get the correct finished that I was pleased with. Its a hard paint to use and must be done on a high summer day before the baking process. There's youtube videos on this by the way.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. marklintott

marklintott Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    Taipei Taiwan / Somerset UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Lintott
    Go with Rob L's solution/offer - his results are far superior to mine using a stencil - despite my very best efforts. It bleeds due to the wrinkle paint finish.
    Double thumbs up for Rob!

Cheers

Mark

miketuason likes this.
  10. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I sent many of you the graphic stencil and if possible please share by posting your final results.