F430 CODES NEED HELP! | FerrariChat

F430 CODES NEED HELP!

Discussion in '360/430' started by sleepinglh, Apr 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    Code P2185 (Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 - High circuit High)
    Codes P2418 (Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control/Open)
    Code P2400 (Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control - Circuit/Open)

Can someone please point me in the right direction to the location of the sensors and explain the problem a bit so I can replace it?

Thank you in advance!

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

coolant sensor is at the oil/water pump, somewhere under the engine, at the RH, inner, you can use the oil filter as a basic navigator ----- #30 in the pic below
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

evap valve is at LH of the engine bay , towards the rear, #18, maybe even #11, or #8. Anything with a connector ( no connector = no code, general rule of thumb)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#3 24000rpm, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    note that coolant sensor picture has 2x #30.
    my experience is that usually the #18 in evap diagram went wrong.( 2 times during my tenure). It can be tested by removing it, clean it, and blow it using your mouth ( if you aren't ocd hygene-ist)

just a basic guide... not an expert, not a 100% correct evaluation of your problem.

4. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to reply in such detail.
    Do you happen to know which #30 is is number 2?

5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

ha? The coolant temp sensor? Should be the top one on the diagram. Ferrari diagrams are sometimes confusing. So take it with a grain of salt.
    once you spot the part, see if it is inserted to coolant passages, that's the best way of determining it.

6. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    F430 has 2 coolant sensors one near the crankcase and another one deep down have to remove undercover to access.
    But I have no clue which is which so I'll try unplugging one and see which is number 2 since it says number 2 is stuffed

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

wait, what is "stuffed"?
    who said that?

="sleepinglh, post: 147160766, member: 181847"]F430 has 2 coolant sensors one near the crankcase and another one deep down have to remove undercover to access.
    But I have no clue which is which so I'll try unplugging one and see which is number 2 since it says number 2 is stuffed[/QUOTE]

8. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    [/QUOTE]
    My code reader shows coolant sensor #2 is broken

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I see. Couldn't help more from this point. THe sensor is only like $20, so I guess its not too much of an expense to try.

My code reader shows coolant sensor #2 is broken[/QUOTE]

sleepinglh likes this.