Ferrari 355 spider suspension warning light | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 355 spider suspension warning light

Discussion in '348/355' started by 355OXO, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355OXO

355OXO Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The Hills replacement part arrived today and it is fiddly to fit with the pin provided that is very small. I have now fitted the new roll pin and the amber warning light has gone off on the dash so all fixed. Sad as it sounds it was quite pleasing to fix this and see the amber light go out. Thanks to all for your input it was very helpful in understanding the task I had to undertake and how to do it. Keep safe in these troublesome times. I wanted to go for a drive today but in the UK they have banned pleasure driving. The only solution was to take one of my wife's shopping bags from Sainsbury's and pretend I was going to Sainsbury's shopping. Hey ho I was in the car on my own who am I going to contaminate. I did buy some eggs and bread to justify the drive.

Qavion likes this.
  2. khcompt

khcompt Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2013
    Halifax, Canada
    Full Name:
    Ken Compton
    I had the same problem last year, After trouble shooting the actuators the light was still on. Then I read on FC that the most common fault is a broken gear that is located on the top of the shock which engages into the actuator. If broken the actuator over rotates when the car starts and the system cannot determine what position the suspension is in. The gear is very small so it is difficult to see if 1 or more of the teeth are broken. Remove the actuator and look very closely at each one. If this is the problem the gears (PN 92-95 FX3) are available from Captain Z CNC Inc.

Ken

3. 355OXO

355OXO Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    If you have never seen the part that fails and causes the Amber dash warning light here is a picture.
    It is very fiddly to fit this part that is available from Hills Engineering in the UK cost is £34.00 or $50. Make sure you take your time as fitting the pin is the 50th part of the job to do and you could easily lose it.

I didn't keep a picture of the new part but the three parts shown should all be connected together as a single item.

Attached Files:

4. 355OXO

355OXO Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    And here's a picture of my pride and joy.

Attached Files:

308 GTB and Qavion like this.
  5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Beautiful, but what an unfortunate number plate :p

6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky

:D

355OXO likes this.
  7. 355OXO

355OXO Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That is now changed to F 355 H, It pissed me off that plate.

308 GTB and Qavion like this.
  8. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    :D