458 Rosso Corsa vs Rosso Scuderia | FerrariChat

458 Rosso Corsa vs Rosso Scuderia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FDP, Apr 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    So I'm in the market for a 458 Spyder and today a broker sent me pics of a prospective car and I was surprised that the accompanying option pdf stated it's was Rosso Scuderia-Cuoio. After viewing the pics I would have sworn it was Rosso Corsa-Cuoio which was the color spec I requested.
    Any insight on differences between the reds would be appreciated.
    Thanks Fred

2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Lots of old threads with pics on this, Rosso Scuderia has more orange in it.

ryalex and LVP488 like this.
  3. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    Thanks Rob, My google search for pics Left me more confused than enlightened.

4. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Dicecal is correct. I looked at two 430 Scuderias side by side a few years ago at Newport, one was Corsa and one was Scuderia. It really is a personal choice, for me the Corsa color is deeper and shows better than the more orange focused Scuderia. I also think that black interiors look better in a Corsa car and I wanted a black interior. Now Cuoio is a different story and I think it looks better in a Scuderia colored Ferrari...I just am not a fan of Cuoio interiors or tan/beige for that matter. Again just personal choice...but I do suggest you look at both exterior and interior as well as wheel color when you make your decision. Either color, it is still a Ferrari and it is fantastic! Good luck my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClarkW likes this.
  5. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    Thanks Clay, I just watched a video of roughly 15 redheads pulling into COTA for a F event and there was one that was much more orange-red ... had to be the Rosso Scuderia think I'm getting it sorted.
    Regards

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They look very different. Scuderia is almost orange, and it has a milky and hazy hue to it. Not a fan at all. It has zero depth and removes all shape from the car. Corsa has this issue too, but not quite as bad.

It sounds like you're looking for the "My First Ferrari" spec. Fair enough. But just to add a bit of choice. Perhaps look at cars in Rosso Maranello and Rosso F1 2007. The latter is a four layer red, which is stll very "Ferrari red" but with a great sense of depth and lushness to it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MacDemarco and Clay512TR like this.
  7. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    TomC9786, Thecadster and FDP like this.
  8. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    Personal taste... I like both, but I think Rosso Scuderia is more beautiful under any light condition.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Oh additionally. Ferraris are Spiders. Spyder is used by the farm tractor manufacture;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Clay512TR likes this.
  10. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    Thanks for the insights AB

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  12. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    Ha! My first email address was [email protected]. You guessed it ... 360spider was taken
    Spyder was as close as I could get ‍♂️ but thanks for keeping me on my toes

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  13. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    What truck

14. rttj777

rttj777 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 3, 2014
    Georgia
    FDP likes this.
  15. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My 488 is Rosso Corsa/cuoio and its a stunning combo to my eyes..... Get what sets your heart to fluttering!!!

Ivinsea, FDP, Clay512TR and 1 other person like this.
  16. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    That's exactly the combo I'm looking for Joe ;)

Mighty Joe likes this.
  17. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Corsa to me is boring. The more exotic the red the better :)
    I love Scuderia, it’s clearly a red ferrari, so still has that red edge most want in a red, but when the sun hits it the orange in the red lights up and it looks more on fire. Thus, to me, being a more interesting red. Next level after that to me is fuoco, etc.

Ivinsea, tunlhd1 and jomarti1 like this.
  18. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Love Rosso Corsa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Different lighting:
    [​IMG]

FDP likes this.
  19. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I think the Rosso Corsa is a bit “tainted” for its “resale red” reputation, justly or unjustly.

IMVHO, you have to have it red, a different shade is a great choice: you’ll stand out and different shades of red are very classy and elegant. To the trained eye, they stand out. And they’re pretty rare too, in my neck of the woods at least, because most people either go with the classic, traditional Rosso Corsa, or choose another color entirely.

Nothing wrong with Rosso Corsa though, as it is more often than not the color that fuels the dream of owning a Ferrari. Top Gear once said 80%+ of first time Ferrari owners go with Rosso Corsa, and that’s not by chance.

Kind regards and congratulations to all of you owners of Ferraris in a different shade of red. An acquired taste, a tell tale sign of a connoisseur.

Nuno.

20. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce

21. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    Beautiful example Jason, Love it!!!

22. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I had a Rosso Corsa 360 coupe and later a Rosso Scuderia 360 Spider. I always wished my spider was Rosso Corsa but I got a great deal on the Rosso Scuderia so I bought it.

FDP likes this.
  23. FDP

FDP Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Daphne Alabama
    Full Name:
    Fred Pierce
    My personal Must have-Can live with specs are : Low Miles Spider..for you (AB) Rosso Corsa - Shields- Cuoio.. w matching or black carpet..- CF Drivers Zone w LED's - Yellow Tach - Yellow Calipers - Lifter / AFS- Rear Camera - Carbon Racing Seats red stitching and prancing horse in headrests - Painted forged wheels - .... And as many Carbon options as the Original Owner was willing to order :)
    I think I can live with the lighter Tan interor but need (Black carpet like Jason B's)
    The Carbon seats are rare so I would be fine with Daytona seats with all power heated option in Cuoio or Tan (with or without Corsa inserts and headrest stitching)
    I think I could live with front and rear parking sensors but must have camera or minimum sensors (Wife)
    Can live stock forged wheels
    radionav bluetooth, cruise, high fi, carbon, alcantara, sport exhaust, Corsa seat belts all great but no dealbreakers

Thanks for all the input, opinions, thoughts. I can'y wait to post a pic .... SEARCHING

Oh almost forgot...If Original owner has already spent $10- $12K on an amazing aftermarket exhaust...I could live with that ;)

24. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Thanks for the compliments. I've been meaning to make a new post on my whole story about why this car, what I wanted, what I did, etc. But I must say I only wanted a car with Racing Seats. I said no way, don't want anything else, must be racing seats, no thank you if it doesn't have them, don't want it! Well, I ate my own words. I drove 2 cars with racing seats and never looked at a car without them, UNTIL this car came up. As soon as I sat in these Daytona seats it was over. They are unreal comfortable (not that that racing seats weren't) but it's on another level. Also, the black inserts are so rare, and with the black top, the black wheels, black skirts, it was too perfect to ignore. I'm not a fan of an all solid color seat so it breaks it up nicely. On the racing seats many may not know they come in multiple sizes, S, M and L, this can also effect your feelings. No regrets and I'm glad I didn't stay stubborn the whole time or I would have missed out on the perfect car.

Also, the AFS headlights are worth their weight in gold. Absolutely incredible.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

swede, FDP, AlfistaPortoghese and 2 others like this.
  25. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    I love them both in different ways. I will say that while you can get a flavor for what Corsa looks like from pics, it’s really hard to tell what scuderia looks like from pics. It almost always looks more orange in pictures than it really is. Just got my porto in scuderia and I was undecided (between Corsa and scuderia) until my dealer got a car in that was scuderia and I saw it in the proverbial flesh - I personally loved it and so I chose it then and there. I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.

I’ll attach pics of both my Porto in scuderia and my F355 in Corsa separately and then side by side. Hopefully it helps but again, pics just aren’t true to scuderia. These are completely unfiltered, just so you know. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat