Call for Cars: Alfa Romeo | FerrariChat

Call for Cars: Alfa Romeo

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Italia 227, Mar 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    America’s Car Museum (ACM) in Tacoma, WA will celebrate the Alfa Romeo marque with a new exhibit opening late May 2020. The Alfa Romeo@ACM exhibit will highlight three eras of Alfa Romeo history:
    • Pre-war Alfa - featuring formidable racing cars and elegant road machines
    • Post-war Alfa - iconic Italian sports cars, built on racing heritage
    • Alfa's US return – modern Italian-bred sports cars and sedans
    Private owners wishing to participate in the exhibit are invited to nominate their cars for consideration by ACM staff. A group of eighteen cars will be selected for the initial exhibition. To keep the presentation fresh, additional cars will be rotated in throughout the one-year duration of Alfa Romeo@ACM. If your car is chosen, you’ll receive a one-year ACM membership, enabling you to easily visit your vehicle on display.

To have your Alfa Romeo considered for Alfa Romeo@ACM, please send your name, contact information, a short bio, and current photographs to [email protected] by April 10, 2020.

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's so cool!! I will most definitely go see this event as it unfolds.

I was very fortunate from March - June of 2013 to have my 328 GTS be a part of the "Ferrari in America" exhibit... it's really cool in that they give you your own 40" digital signage display that scrolls details about your model in general, specifications, and about you as an owner. Visitors walking by not only see your car but get to read about it. It was a lot of fun!!!

Thanks for the heads up - I will really look forward to seeing this event happen

Jedi

3. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks for endorsing the experience. I get to participate in write those accompanying displays, which are very much intended to highlight the car and its story.

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    very cool thanks for sharing

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #6 Jedi, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Here's sorta how it looks when your car is displayed there - they park them up and down the many ramps in the museum over the 4 floors - and adjacent each car is a 40" or so display as mentioned.

It's a really great way to share YOUR car with a zillion strangers in a safe and attractive way.... I hope LOTS of Alfa folks apply for this, of all models and years and contribute to another amazing exhibit like Ferrari in America was.

My red 328 below from March 2013 "Ferrari in America" (gosh hard to believe it's been that long ago now!!)

Jedi

[​IMG]

f355spider and jcurry like this.
  7. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    Maybe it would be good to contact the person who bought your Milano and see if they would share it. A Milano Verde is one of the target cars.

8. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    The LeMay / ACM currently has a Ford vs Ferrari display with 9 various Ferraris and three Ford GTs. (Brand new, 05, and a replica of a 66 style GT40)

RJHD3 and f355spider like this.
  9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I'd still have my Spider, but it's just a dime a dozen red S3 Spider. I'm sure they'll have a long line of people offering their Spiders for the exhibit.

10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Unfortunately not possible. Almost wish I still had it just to have it on display there.

11. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I have a Milano Verde, will make contact with them.

Italia 227 likes this.
  12. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Its really cool to have your car on display there for others to see and enjoy! I had the Countach there a couple years ago as part of their “Exotics at Americas Car Museum” show. It was tough to be without it for 5-6 weeks. ;-)

Mike

Jedi likes this.
  13. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I could offer up my '69 spider.
    It's not perfect though and missing the nose bump. Paint isn't perfect (painted in my garage) but it's shiny.

14. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    etip likes this.